Airline Waiver Policies
Airlines have released their travel polices in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The airlines listed below will be waiving cancellation and re-booking fees for a travel credit up to the VALUE of the original ticket. Fare differences will apply for new travel dates if original booking class not available or the new fare is higher.
NOTE: If you didn’t make a booking through Planet Earth Travel, you will need to go direct to who you made the booking with as we are unable to access your booking to assist you.
Please see each airline policy below:
Philippine Airlines wished to advise the following waiver has been put in place to assist passengers wanting to change their tickets due to the current global outbreak of the covid-19 corona-virus. Philippine Airlines will permit passengers to make one free of charge change to their international tickets within the following conditions:
- Application Philippine Airlines (079) Tickets issued in New Zealand before 31 March 2020.
- For tickets with travel dates until 30 April 2020, changes must be made at least 24 hours before departure.
- For tickets with travel dates 01 May 2020 onwards, changes must be made at least 7 days before departure.
- If passenger is undecided on new dates, ticket value can be held in credit for 12 months from date original ticket was issued.*
The new reservations must continue to adhere to the ticket/fare rules.
*The credit is valid for 1 year from date of issue and can be used to purchase tickets on Philippine Airlines only. This is not transferable and not convertible to cash.
One time re-booking FREE OF CHARGE can be made. Any changes thereafter will be subject to the applicable fees.
Reservations must be made in the same booking class as the original fare. Passengers may upgrade the ticket to a higher fare type to allow more flexible travel options upon payment of the fare difference.
Please contact your travel agent to apply for your free ONE TIME change, if you’d like to defer your flight to a later date.
All customers with a QF (081) booking (existing or new) for travel now until 31 July 2020 are entitled to the following options:
- Cancel and retain the value of the ticket in credit.
- Upon rebooking, Qantas will waive the change fee.
- Waiver is valid for tickets cancelled and held in credit between now and 30 April 2020.
- Ticket can be held in credit until 31 December 2021 (ticket must be reissued and travel completed by 31 December 2021).
- This waiver can be applied only once per booking.
- If applicable, customer will pay any fare difference.
- This does not apply to refund, no show or cancellation fees.
Please email your travel agent to re-book / cancel your flight and hold it in credit until you are ready to book.
Singapore Airlines is waiving all rebooking fees for tickets issued on or before 15 March 2020, for travel up to 31 May 2020, with immediate effect.
Customers can cancel their existing flight itineraries, retain the value of their tickets and rebook their travel at a later date, when they are able to firm up their new travel plans.
The new flight itinerary should be completed by 31 March 2021. This new policy will allow customers the flexibility to defer their travel plans and applies to all bookings for travel up to 31 May 2020.
All rebooking fees will be waived, although a fare difference may apply for the new itinerary.
SIA will continue to review its waiver policy and retains the flexibility to extend the cut-off date of 31 May 2020 as it assesses the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak on global air travel in the coming weeks.
For all new SIA and SilkAir tickets issued from now to 31 March 2020, SIA will also waive change fees.
We’re waiving ticket change fees for bookings impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) – so you can alter your plans easily.
There are two special waivers in effect: one for all tickets booked on/before 23 March 2020, another for new tickets booked between 9 March 2020 and 20 April 2020. These waivers allow you to alter your existing plans, or book ahead with greater peace of mind.
For bookings made before 23 March 2020, for travel until 31 May 2020
If you booked on or before 23 March 2020 for travel until 31 May 2020, you can change your booking with no re-booking or rerouting fees. Please refer to the below table to determine if your booking is eligible.
|Destination/origin||Ticket booking period||Original travel period||Ticket change deadline||Must travel before|
|All destinations/origins||On/before 23 March 2020||17 March to 31 May 2020||31 May 2020||10 December 2020|
If you haven’t decided on your new plans, don’t worry – you have until 31 May 2020 to change your ticket.
Some conditions apply:
- Tickets must be booked on a Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon flight.
- Tickets must be booked directly through our website, mobile app or Global Contact Centre. For bookings made through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly for changes.
- Fare differences may apply and your new ticket must follow the same fare rules of your old ticket (for example, if your new ticket is during peak season while the original ticket is for low season, or certain travel dates may not be eligible).
For bookings made between 9 March – 20 April 2020
We’re giving you the flexibility to make free and unlimited changes to all new tickets issued between 9 March and 20 April 2020. Please refer to the below table to determine if your booking is eligible.
|Destination/origin||Ticket booking period||Ticket change deadline||Must travel before|
|All destinations/origins||9 March 2020 to 20 April 2020||28 February 2021||28 February 2021|
If you booked through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly to organise your ticket changes.
Some conditions apply:
- Travel must be completed on or before 28 February 2021.
- Applicable to all tickets originally purchased and issued between 9 March and 20 April 2020.
- The offer above applies to Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon tickets only.
- Applicable to all fares, except redemption and group tickets.
- Booking changes must be made before departure.
- Fare/ tax differences may apply, due to the fare restrictions/ conditions of your ticket.
- Standard cancellation guidelines apply to all fares.
Air New Zealand:
Flexibility for new and existing international bookings
For any existing long haul bookings (including Honolulu and Bali) issued prior to and including 4 March 2020, with travel commencing prior to 1 July 2020, the following flexibility options are available:
- You are able to make one change to your booking, where the standard change fee and contact centre service fee will be waived.
- If you are unsure as to when you would like to travel, you can have your fare held in credit for 12 months from the date of original issue. Upon rebooking, any change fees and service fees will be waived.
Please be aware that any fare and tax differences will be applicable at the time of rebooking.
If you have booked your flights with a travel agent, please reach out to them directly to make changes.
For any new international flights booked between 5 – 31 March 2020, should you need to make a change, the standard change fee and contact centre service fee will be waived. Please note that fare and tax difference may apply when rebooking.