Duration: 22 DaysFrom the skylines of New York and the Southern hospitality of Atlanta, prepare to be dazzled on a memorable trip across America. Along the way you'll be treated to authentic regional delicacies, while staying in top locations, as you make your way coast to coast. Delve into America's iconic history in Washington, D.C., immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of toe-tapping Memphis and be mesmerised by historic Route 66 and the sparkling bright lights of Las Vegas. End with a grand finale in Los Angeles, as you experience this beautiful country in all its glory.
America the Beautiful – Reverse, Summer 2021
Welcome to New York.
Welcome to The Big Apple. Enjoy some time to explore this vibrant city. At 18:00, meet your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine.(Dinner with Wine)
A Manhattan Masterpiece.
Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Expert. See the towering Empire State Building and the mirrored peak of the Art Deco Chrysler Building as you admire one of the world's most striking skylines. For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the isle of Manhattan. If it's tranquillity you're after, relish the calm of Central Park, an expansive space designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted and offers New Yorkers a break from the concrete jungle. At night, join your Travel Director for a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45, an iconic Italian kitchen and bar, where you'll toast to new friends and fantastic memories.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
On to the Capital.
Leave New York behind as you make your way to Washington, D.C. On arrival, you'll have time to acquaint yourself with the capital. End the day with a delicious Highlight Dinner at The Hamilton, a contemporary restaurant offering an eclectic dining experience.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Sightseeing in the Capital.
Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover all of the iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall. The rest of the day is yours do as you please, so whether you fancy heading to a free museum on the National Mall, a trip to the zoo or a coffee and cake in a local café, the choice is yours.(Breakfast)
Monumental Washington, D.C. to the City of Oaks.
Leave the capital behind as you make your way to North Carolina, and arrive in its capital city, Raleigh, otherwise known as the City of Oaks. Founded in 1792, this government town is famous for its universities, technology and research. There are a number of museums and galleries downtown for those searching for some aesthetic culture.(Breakfast)
Tobacco Farms and the Carolinas.
Travel on to South Carolina and charming Charleston and experience southern hospitality with a Highlight Dinner at a local Charleston restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Discover Charleston, South Carolina's oldest city during a historic carriage ride and take in its quaint beauty. From the bright Georgian houses of Rainbow Row, to the city's hidden gardens, courtyards and churches, there is plenty to discover. Afterwards, visit one of the old plantations of the South for a look into what life was like on these historic properties.(Breakfast)
Atlanta, Cultural Capital of the New South.
honour of railroad engineer, J. Edgar Thompson and his Atlantica-Pacifica railway. Indulge at Mary Mac's in the evening for your highlight dinner. You'll be welcomed into this famous Tea Room for a comforting dinner of southern food and wine. And with over 70 years of cooking experience this welcoming bistro really does set the standard for Southern cooking.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Memphis, Home of the Blues.
Make headlines as you journey into the heart of CNN Worldwide for an exclusive guided tour that goes behind-the-scenes of its fast-paced working studios. Arrive in Memphis, the Home of the Blues and the birthplace of Rock N' Roll, for a musical stay on the Mississippi River. Tonight, dine on local specialities served with wine for a taste of what this city has to offer.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Graceland and everything Elvis.
This morning, enjoy an Insight Choice between a guided visit to Sun Studios or the National Civil Rights Museum. The rest of your day is dedicated to the King of Rock and Roll himself, Elvis Presley. You'll fall in love with his Memphis 13.8-acre Colonial-style mansion, otherwise known as Graceland. Explore Presley's final resting ground with an interactive guided tour before heading for an evening at leisure on famous Beale Street in Downtown Memphis. Renowned for blues music, this district has an array of restaurants and bars to choose from.(Breakfast)
A Taste of Bourbon in Little Rock.
Today you'll head to Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas. Enjoy a tour and private bourbon tasting at the Rock Town Distillery, known for crafting spirits using locally-grown grain. Save the evening for a Highlight Dinner with wine at Marlsgate Plantation. With its ancient oak trees, views across the serene waters of Bearskin Lake and majestic acres of land, this columned mansion offers a dreamy location for your evening meal.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Cattle and Country Western.
Before leaving Little Rock, delve into the history of this iconic city. Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum dedicated in 2004 to Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States. The museum features replicas of the Oval Office and the Cabinet Room, and highlights his life at the White House. From presidential history to cultural, arrive in the modern Dallas/Fort Worth area. Once a trading post for cowboys, the city of Fort Worth is famous for rodeos and the National Cowgirl Museum. On arrival, your Travel Director will take you on an orientation tour of Dallas. Your evening is free to do as you please. Perhaps wander down to Dallas' historic West End District which dates back to 1872. The area is now home to numerous restaurants, bars and cafes.(Breakfast)
Deep in the Heart of Texas.
You can't talk about Dallas without mentioning The Dallas Cowboys. One of the country's richest sports franchises, football fans will be in their element with a guided VIP tour of AT&T Stadium, formerly known as the Cowboys Stadium (subject to availability). In a fascinating look behind the scenes, you will be privy to places normally off limits during game days: the field, media press box, and locker rooms are all included. Visit Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's livestock history and promote the heritage of one of the greatest agriculture industries in the world. Later, get your cowboy boots on and your dancing feet ready for a true Western experience at Billy Bob's Texas, a honky-tonk with live music and entertainment.(Breakfast)
Is this the way to Amarillo?
Journey to Amarillo and catch the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt at the famed Cadillac Ranch pop art installation. End the day with a tasty Texan treat for dinner at a local restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Santa Fe, the City Different.
Say goodbye to Amarillo and end your day in New Mexico's striking capital city, Santa Fe, a destination rich in both history and heritage. End your day by choosing from a selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
From Santa Fe to Flagstaff.
Join a guided tour of the historic city of Santa Fe to discover its local art colony and Pueblo traditions. Here you'll discover its local art colony and Pueblo traditions. You'll also take in the striking architecture of the Palace of the Governors and the Loretto Chapel with a Santa Fe specialist.(Breakfast)
Mystical Sedona and the Grand Canyon.
Depart Flagstaff for the town of Winslow, in Navajo County. Famous for the Eagles song ‘Take it Easy', you can check out the town's bronze statue of the ‘man standin' on the corner, which pays homage to the hit. Sometimes you can find a red antique Ford parked next to it in celebration of the song's famous girl. Journey on to the bohemian colony of Sedona. Attractive to healers, this spiritual town's vortexes are rumoured to offer alternative medicines and practices. Arrive at the Grand Canyon, where the wild beauty of one of the world's greatest natural wonders awaits. Learn all about the vibrantly coloured hues of the canyon from Local Expert, Tim, as you enjoy a glass of sparkling wine. With over seven years of experience in geology, you'll be taught all about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and impact now. He'll also talk to you about the local flora and fauna, and where you might be able to spot the land's elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions. End your day with a tranquil night inside the park and an appetising Highlight Dinner with wine in the inviting Thunderbird Room of your lodge. Situated on the South Rim, this centrally-located venue offers a wet-bar, barbeque and private balcony, so you can feast on hearty food while taking in the stunning views of the canyon.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Get Your Kicks and Las Vegas.
Before you bid farewell to the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon, you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the canyon from the air during an optional flightseeing tour. Continue on and cruise along desert oases to see the classic motels, diners and gas stations of a simpler time. Travel along Route 66, stopping at the Americana hotspots of Seligman and Kingman, before arriving in Las Vegas this afternoon and enjoying the evening at leisure.(Breakfast)
Leisure Time in Sin City.
The day is free for you to enjoy. Relax by the swimming pool, try your luck at the casinos, or explore the famous Strip, where you’ll find the musical water ballet of the Bellagio's fountains and world-famous shopping. From browsing the Forum Shops at Caesars to the luxe Crystals Mall at City Center, featuring the world’s most elite designers, prepare to shop till you drop.(Breakfast)
From Las Vegas to Los Angeles.
Depart the glittering lights of Las Vegas for the thriving metropolis of Los Angeles, the City of Angels. Take some time to explore this vibrant city before enjoying an evening at leisure.(Breakfast)
The City of Angels.
It’s time to explore Tinseltown. Channel your inner movie star and check out Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, a movie palace on the legendary Hollywood Walk of Fame, where you can walk in the steps of icons including Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable. Continue your star-studded day with a private tour of the Dolby Theatre, the current home of the Oscars. If all this sightseeing makes you hungry, you'll find plenty of choices to tempt your palette at the historic L.A. Farmers Market. End the day with a Celebration Dinner at Nick and Stef's Steakhouse and toast to new friends and adventures.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Depart Los Angeles.
Say goodbye to L.A. and your fellow travellers before a transfer takes you to Los Angeles International Airport. Alternatively, extend your stay in the City of Angels.(Breakfast)
- New York: At 18:00, meet your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine.
- New York: Get to know your newfound friends at a lively Highlight Dinner at Bond 45, recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Washington, D.C.: Indulge in a delicious Highlight Dinner at one of the city's popular local restaurants, The Hamilton.
- Charleston: This evening's Highlight Dinner is at Poogan's Porch, a local favorite that prides itself on its handwritten recipes and gracious hospitality.
- Memphis: Head to a speakeasy above BB King's Blues Club for an atmospheric Highlight Dinner.
- Little Rock: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Marlsgate Plantation, a stately mansion with a majestic setting.
- Dallas: End your Cowboys fan day by choosing from a selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Amarillo: Savour a Highlight Dinner at the Big Texan, where everything truly is bigger in Texas.
- Santa Fe: End your day by choosing from a selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner in the Thunderbird Room taking in awe-inspiring views.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner at Cafe Pinot against a glittering L.A. backdrop.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B) and 11 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Memphis: This morning, enjoy an Insight Choice between a guided visit to Sun Studios or the National Civil Rights Museum.
- New York: Visit some of the city's most iconic sites with a Local Expert.
- Atlanta: Step into the world of world news and live broadcast at a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the Global Headquarters of CNN.
- Little Rock: Learn the whiskey making process from a liquor expert on a private tour and tasting at the Rock Town Distillery.
- Santa Fe: With an expert in history, art and culture, tour historic Santa Fe on a guided trolley tour.
- Grand Canyon: With a Local Expert, learn about the formation of one of the United States' most renowned natural wonders, while sipping a glass of sparkling wine.
- Los Angeles: Step beyond the red carpet with a theatre guide for a behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars® on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre®.
- New York: The Renwick is a contemporary, newly re-imagined hotel housed in an iconic 1920's brick building. Located in Midtown Manhattan, 2 blocks from Grand Central Terminal and walking distance to the Empire State Building, New York Public Library, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square and Fifth Avenue shopping. Named for the architect and creator of St. Patrick's Cathedral, James Renwick, the hotel was once home to artists' studios and many celebrated writers (including John Steinbeck and F. Scott Fitzgerald).
- Washington, D.C.: Stay at the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, a Washington, D.C. landmark for over 90 years ago.
- Charleston: Located in the heart of the historic district and recently restored, the Andrew Pinckney Inn is at the center of everything Charleston has to offer. Find yourself just steps away from the lively atmosphere of renowned restaurants and shops that surround Charleston’s historic City Market.
- Atlanta: Discover one of the best hotels in downtown Atlanta with stunning views of the skyline.
- Memphis: The Guest House at Graceland is located just steps away from Graceland Mansion. You’ll enjoy the rock ‘n’ royal treatment at one of the largest hotels in Memphis, the 450-room resort is a reflection of Elvis’ personal style, with designs inspired by Graceland Mansion.
- Dallas: The Magnolia Dallas Downtown offers a comfortable stay and ideal location in the Historic District.
- Santa Fe: Experience the splendor of the American Southwest at La Fonda on the Plaza, the only hotel situated on the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Here you'll find tasteful, modern conveniences blended with the warmth of authentic New Mexican style.
- Flagstaff: Stay amidst Ponderosa Pines, near downtown.
- Grand Canyon: Spend the night near the rim of the Grand Canyon, inside the National Park.
- Las Vegas: The luxurious Caesars Palace on the iconic Vegas Strip offers restaurants, nightlife, relaxation, and entertainment. It's distinct style is a tribute to Rome's opulence.
- Los Angeles: The InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown offers breathtaking views from the unique 70th floor sky lobby in the tallest building on the west.
- New York: Marvel at the sweeping skyline views, including some of the city's most prominent landmarks from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at the Rockefeller Center.
- Washington, D.C.: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover all of the iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall.
- Memphis: Explore the Graceland Mansion and grounds.
- Little Rock: Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum.
- Cadillac Ranch: See the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt.
- Sedona: Spend time in this mystical town.
Start Date: 2021-05-11
End Date: 2021-06-01
Adult Price: $11995
Child Price: $10782
Adult Price: $10620
Child Price: $9407
Adult Price: $17290
Child Price: $9407
Start Date: 2021-06-01
End Date: 2021-06-22
Adult Price: $12125
Child Price: $10912
Adult Price: $10750
Child Price: $9537
Adult Price: $17420
Child Price: $9537
Start Date: 2021-09-07
End Date: 2021-09-28
Adult Price: $12125
Child Price: $10912
Adult Price: $10750
Child Price: $9537
Adult Price: $17420
Child Price: $9537
Start Date: 2021-10-05
End Date: 2021-10-26
Adult Price: $11725
Child Price: $10512
Adult Price: $10350
Child Price: $9137
Adult Price: $17020
Child Price: $9137