Duration: 12 DaysThis enchanting journey takes you from iconic landmarks in bustling Adriatic cities to hidden gems known only to the locals. Discover rich heritage on a guided walk through majestic Dubrovnik, see how oysters are harvested on the floating oyster beds of the Adriatic and marvel at the stunning cascades of Plitvice Lakes National Park. Along the way, you’ll stay in stately hotels, taste local wines and cuisine, and marvel at the rugged beauty of the coastline.
Captivating Croatia and Montenegro – Summer 2020
Welcome to Dubrovnik.
Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Arrive at Dubrovnik airport and be transferred to your centrally located hotel. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, relaxing or perhaps taking a stroll along the old harbour. At 18:00 join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner hosted at an atmospheric local restaurant in the heart of Dubrovnik.(Dinner with Wine)
Highlights of Dubrovnik.
Surrounded by the shimmering Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik enchants with its white limestone streets, terracotta roofs and baroque buildings. Join your Local Expert for an orientation of the city’s many treasures. Be mesmerized by the 16th century bastions of the famous Old Town, walk past Onofrio's Fountain and see the old Jewish quarter. Walk towards the cathedral and the Dominican monasteries, before exploring some of the film locations of the award-winning series, 'Game of Thrones.' Meet Matija and Giorgio Vierda, master jewellery craftsmen who use ancient goldsmith techniques. Their family’s historic pieces are so famous they can be found amongst the country’s most treasured possessions at the Ethnological museum, please note that the only access to the museum is via stairs. With free time in the afternoon, explore Dubrovnik Your Way with your included pass to the major museums like Rector’s Palace, Maritime Museum and more. As the sun sets, you’re invited to embark on a dazzling cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik. Gaze out at spectacular vistas of the Adriatic and see the mighty city walls rising straight from the cliffs. Weather permitting, moor in the Old Town Harbour and enjoy the rest of the evening at your leisure.(Breakfast)
Glamorous Tivat and a Local Winery.
Enjoy a relaxed start and leisurely breakfast, before travelling along the coast to the diverse and tiny nation of Montenegro. Flanked by mountains and a stunning coastline, Montenegro is a melting pot of exotic cultures, warm people and spectacular scenery. Join your Travelling Concierge for a visit to a nearby winery, where you’ll have the chance to meet the vintner and taste some of the region’s famed red wines. Seal your visit with a late lunch of delicious Farm-to-Table fare. Your journey continues to Tivat, a glamorous seaside village characterised by bopping super-yachts, traditional homes and a sunny disposition.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Day Trip to Romantic Kotor.
Embark on a day trip to the enchanting bayside town of Kotor, nestled alongside dramatic mountains and known for its centuries-old buildings. Join your Local Expert for a walk through its romantic Old Town, exploring ancient alleyways and passing chic boutiques. See the 12th century Cathedral of Saint Tryphon and continue on to the legendary Our Lady of the Rocks, a petite island that is home to a church and museum. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, perhaps enjoying lunch at a bayside cafe? Enjoy the evening back in Tivat to relax or continue exploring as you wish. Your Travelling Concierge is on hand to assist you with museum bookings, restaurant reservations and sightseeing recommendations.(Breakfast)
Day at Leisure in Tivat.
Considered the best five-star hotel in Montenegro, the Regent Porto Montenegro is the ideal base for your day at leisure. Perhaps treat yourself to a massage at the hotel’s award-winning spa, complete with a Turkish hammam and Finnish sauna, or appreciate the views of the glitzy marina from the pool. Venture out for a walk along Boka Bay, the largest natural harbor in the eastern Mediterranean and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and perhaps go shopping in the designer boutiques of Porto Montenegro Village.(Breakfast)
Fresh Oysters in Ston, Mediterranean Wine Tasting and on to Split.
Travel along the beautiful Adriatic coastline towards Split, stopping en route for an unforgettable culinary experience in the picturesque fishing village of Ston with its indigo-coloured coves and waterways. On arrival, join your captain for a boat ride to the floating oyster beds of the Adriatic. Watch as an oyster farmer brings in the ropes and shucks oysters in front of you. Savour your first mouthful, straight from the sea, served with freshly squeezed lemon and a chilled glass of local wine. Return to the shore for a Sea-to-Table lunch hosted at the captain’s very own restaurant. Continue your journey along the old Napoleon way to reach the Vina Vukas winery. Meet the passionate winemaker, learn why the Mediterranean climate is ideal for producing a variety of blends and taste a selection of the finest rose, white and red wines. Arrive in Split and enjoy the evening at your leisure.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Nestled between mountains and sea, Split beautifully blends antiquity with modernity. Its vibrant streets are filled with locals going about their daily lives. With the turquoise Adriatic as a backdrop, Split encapsulates modern Croatian life. Join your Local Expert for an exploration, as you stroll through the labyrinthine streets and arcaded squares to see St. Duje's, which was originally Diocletian's Mausoleum, the Temple of Jupiter, which today is a baptistery, and the Golden Gate. Your explorations conclude with a visit to the vast UNESCO World Heritage site of Diocletian’s Palace, which was built more than 1,700 years ago for the Roman Emperor. Follow your Local Expert along the winding streets of the palace and marvel at dozens of perfectly-preserved Roman era buildings. Gather this evening for a Mediterranean feast served in a local restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
On to Petrčane.
Relax and take in the views as you travel north along the Dalmatian Coast to reach the small fishing village of Petrčane. With the rest of the day at your leisure, why not stroll along the beautiful beaches and admire the crystal-clear waters.(Breakfast)
Petrčane and Zadar.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and the chance to make the most of the hotel's incredible facilities during your morning at leisure. Venture to nearby Zadar, a beautiful city of fascinating history and rich cultural heritage. Take a moment to experience the sounds of the surrounding ocean when you visit the Sea Organ, no song is ever the same as the water is always changing. This incredible structure is built to look like steps leading into the water, however the engineering funnels air and the gentle, lapping water into chambers beneath the steps, creating chime-like notes to be produced. In the evening enjoy a tasty meal accompanied with wine as you gaze out over the bay.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Plitvice Lakes and on to Zagreb.
Journey inland to visit one of Europe’s great natural wonders and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Plitvice Lakes National Park, a scenic wonderland of 16 interconnected lakes, flanked by waterfalls and primeval forest. Travel by boat and on foot as you follow your Local Expert through the blue-green beauty and across zig-zagging timber footbridges. Visit Korana Canyon to see the 70-metre-high falls and enjoy panoramic vistas of the park. Your travels continue north to Zagreb where you are at leisure for the evening.(Breakfast)
Croatia’s alluring capital city, Zagreb, blends theatre, art, medieval history and trendy cafes with an abundance of outdoor splendors, including Jarun Lake and Mount Medvednica. After enjoying breakfast at your iconic Zagreb hotel, join your Local Expert for an orientation of the city’s highlights. Appreciate the grandeur, green spaces and historic squares of lower town, before embarking on a dazzling funicular ride to the medieval upper town with its network of alleyways. Visit the local market, witness the stone gate which is said to possess magical powers and see the colourful Church of St. Mark and Lotrščak Tower. In the evening join your Travelling Concierge and travel companions for a Celebration Dinner of seasonal produce at Boban, one of the city’s best restaurants. Raise a glass and toast to new friends and memories.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
After breakfast, bid farewell to your fellow travellers and transfer to Zagreb airport for your onward journey. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.(Breakfast)
- Dubrovnik: Feel the warm hospitality of this ancient city, as you join your travel companions for a delicious Welcome Dinner hosted at an atmospheric local restaurant.
- Tivat: Relish the finest food and wine of Montenegro at a local winery where you’ll have the chance to meet the vintner and enjoy a spectacular farm-to-table dinner. Winemaking in Croatia dates back some 2,500 years when the ancient Greeks occupied the southern Dalmatian islands. Today it is a thriving industry with some old-world grape varieties still in use.
- Ston: Join your captain for a boat ride to the floating oyster beds of the Adriatic and watch as he brings in the ropes and shucks oysters in front of you. Savour your first mouthful, straight from the sea, served with freshly-squeezed lemon and a chilled glass of local wine. Return to the shore for a family-style, Sea-to-Table lunch hosted at the captain’s very own restaurant.
- Boljenovići: Follow the Old Napoleon Way to the hilltop Vina Vukas winery and meet the passionate winemaker who will share with you trade secrets and tastings of famous blends.
- Split: Enjoy a Mediterranean dinner of seasonal cuisine served in a local restaurant.
- Zadar: As the sun sets over the bay, savour delicious regional specialties and sip on local wine.
- Zagreb: Raise a glass of wine, as you toast to new friends and memories at your finale Celebration Dinner hosted in the heart of the city.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dubrovnik: Join your Local Expert for a cultural exploration of Dubrovnik’s many wonders. See the 16th century bastions of Old Town, Onofrio's Fountain and explore some of the film locations of the award-winning series, 'Game of Thrones.'
- Dubrovnik: Embark on a dazzling cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik, gazing out at spectacular vistas of the Adriatic Sea and mighty city walls rising straight from the cliffs.
- Kotor: With a Local Expert, visit the enchanting town of Kotor, nestled between dramatic mountains and a spectacular bay.
- Perast: Enjoy an orientation of this tiny town as you explore with your Travelling Concierge.
- Perast: Explore the legendary Our Lady of the Rocks church.
- Split: Join your Local Expert for a highlight tour of Split with stops at St. Duje's, the Temple of Jupiter and the Golden Gate.
- Split: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Diocletian's Palace where you will explore the winding streets and see the Roman era buildings with your Local Expert.
- Zadar: Explore this beautiful city with it's intriguing Sea Organ.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert.
- Zagreb: Join your Local Expert on an orientation city tour showcasing the charming atmosphere of the lower town then travel to the medieval upper town by funicular to see the colourful Church of St. Mark and Lotrščak Tower.
- Dubrovnik: Located moments away from Dubrovnik’s Old Town, this five-star hotel dates back to 1895 and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that offers unrivalled views of the Adriatic Sea and the Old Town.
- Tivat: Rated the best five-star luxury accommodation in Montenegro at the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2015, the Renaissance-inspired Regent Porto Montenegro places you moments away from Tivat’s glitzy marina and awe-inspiring Boka Bay.
- Split: This flagship hotel is a short walk away from famous Bačvice beach and the Palace of Diocletian, offering timeless interiors, fine dining and a lovely poolside terrace.
- Split: This exclusive seaside hotel places you within metres of the Adriatic and boasts an infinity pool, private beach, wellness spa, and guest suites with stunning vistas of the sea.
- Petrčane: The Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera is located on the Punta Skala Peninsula, overlooking the Adriatic and boasts a private beach and luxury spa facilities, including a Turkish hammam. Its unique architectural design is complimented with chic furnishings, enabling you to enjoy your stay in style and comfort. During the evenings, perhaps enjoy a sunset drink or delight in Alpine-Adriatic cuisine at one of the many bars and restaurants within the hotel and along the beach.
- Zagreb: Over the years the elegant and stately Esplanade Zagreb has gracious welcomed presidents, politicians and film stars. It’s something of a landmark among the socialites of the Mediterranean, offering everything from fine restaurants to glamorous suites.
- Dubrovnik: Meet Matija and Giorgio Vierda, master jewellery craftsmen who use ancient goldsmith techniques. Their family’s historic pieces are so famous they can be found amongst the country’s most treasured possessions at the Ethnological Museum.
Start Date: 2020-05-10
End Date: 2020-05-21
Adult Price: $8695
Child Price: $7885
Adult Price: $11625
Start Date: 2020-05-24
End Date: 2020-06-04
Adult Price: $7495
Child Price: $6685
Adult Price: $10425
Start Date: 2020-06-21
End Date: 2020-07-02
Adult Price: $7625
Child Price: $6815
Adult Price: $10725
Start Date: 2020-07-19
End Date: 2020-07-30
Adult Price: $8450
Child Price: $7640
Adult Price: $12200
Start Date: 2020-08-02
End Date: 2020-08-13
Adult Price: $8450
Child Price: $7640
Adult Price: $12200
Start Date: 2020-08-16
End Date: 2020-08-27
Adult Price: $8295
Child Price: $7485
Adult Price: $11895
Start Date: 2020-08-30
End Date: 2020-09-10
Adult Price: $7825
Child Price: $7015
Adult Price: $10885
Start Date: 2020-09-13
End Date: 2020-09-24
Adult Price: $8975
Child Price: $8165
Adult Price: $12035
Start Date: 2020-09-27
End Date: 2020-10-08
Adult Price: $7450
Child Price: $6640
Adult Price: $9830