Duration: 9 DaysThe misty Pacific Northwest extends a warm welcome, with lush landscapes, sweeping coastlines and extraordinary characters awaiting you. Sustainability is at the heart of this unique corner of America, where residents tap into their pioneering roots and actively support high-quality specialties produced in their local communities. Delight in delicious artisanal treats – from donuts to craft beer and wine – relax at grand, luxury hotels and marvel at the easygoing, coastal way of life.
Captivating Pacific Northwest – Summer 2020
Portland, the City of Roses.
Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to Portland. Also known as the City of Roses, this charming Oregon city is a glowing mixture of sweeping skylines and natural bliss. On arrival, you'll be whisked to your luxury hotel, The Nines. A contemporary building which offers striking rooftop views and delectable dining, you'll be situated in Downtown Portland, just steps away from Pioneer Square and the Central Business District. Join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner at your hotel.(Dinner with Wine)
Sightseeing in Portland.
Prepare for a day of sightseeing as you explore this vibrant city, with all its cultural delights, trendy districts and boutiques. You'll start by heading along the historic Columbia River Gorge drive, where you'll stop off at Crown Point, a breathtaking scenic lookout and visit Vista House, a museum and memorial celebrating Oregon's pioneers. Take a refreshing trip to Multnomah Falls, where you'll capture Oregon's heart-stopping natural wilderness. In the early afternoon, you'll replenish with some cold craft beers at a private beer tasting. Meet a local master brewer for a lesson and tasting of their craft pours. The rest of the day is yours at leisure. Why not discover more about the world we live in and beyond, by checking out the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry?(Breakfast)
On to the Emerald City.
Journey north from Portland to Seattle. Otherwise known as the Emerald City, this dynamic part of the world comes with inspiring views and plenty of character. Experience Seattle Your Way, with a choice of experiences, including a visit to the striking Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit or the iconic Seattle Space Needle. You have the rest of the day to explore Seattle on your own. Refresh for tomorrow's events at your luxury accommodation, the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. A mix of classic elegance and timeless décor, this newly renovated hotel offers a peaceful ambiance after a day of sightseeing.(Breakfast)
A Seattle Education.
Enjoy a relaxed start before a VIP coffee education class with local Seattle roasters at Caffe Vita, where you'll learn to make the perfect cup of coffee. You then have some free time to explore Pike Place Market. Situated on the Elliott Bay waterfront, this farmers market is home to some delicious seafood treats and handcrafted gift options. In keeping with your nautical day, head to Aqua by El Gaucho in the evening, where a waterfront fine-dining experience awaits you. Indulge in a delicious menu of fresh, locally sourced seafood.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Seattle to Victoria.
Board the Victoria Clipper and relax as you travel in comfort from Seattle to Victoria. Famous for its European allure, this quaint capital of British Columbia is elegance in its truest form. On arrival, you'll have some leisure time. Relax at your hotel or ask your Travelling Concierge for some tips on where to explore. Tonight's dinner is at 10 Acres Kitchen, where you'll sip and savour dishes prepared with quality ingredients that are locally foraged by land and freshly caught from the sea.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Victoria in Bloom.
Delight in the local culinary specialities during a Highlight Lunch, farm tour and a wine tasting at The Roost. Praised by locals, this rustic favourite is situated in the heart of North Saanich's beautiful pastoral landscape and focuses its attention on delivering divine food in a sustainable manner. The rest of the day is yours at leisure. Perhaps head to Lower Johnson Street, known locally as LoJo. This pastel-coloured neighborhood is home to a number of independent boutiques and restaurants.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Sky High Vancouver.
Kick off the day by joining a docent for a private discussion about the First Nations at the Royal British Colombia Museum before it opens to the public, where you'll find out more about the native people's art, history and culture. Take in the beauty of Canada from the air, as you travel from Victoria to Vancouver via classic seaplane. Experience the best of Vancouver during your comprehensive sightseeing tour, which takes you to Stanley Park and English Bay. Stop at Granville Island Public Market, where you’ll have time to browse the stalls for scrumptious treats and handcrafted gifts.(Breakfast)
History Meets the Great Outdoors.
Linger longer over breakfast with a relaxed start, before heading out with your Travelling Concierge. History meets the great outdoors at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. Once here you’ll cross the bridge over the Capilano River and appreciate views from the top of the canyon. The rest of the day is yours to explore Vancouver. A haven for sports buffs and history enthusiasts alike, you’ll have plenty to discover. Share stories with your fellow travellers as you raise a final toast to your holiday during your Celebration Dinner at Hy's Steakhouse, one of the city’s most highly rated restaurants.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as a transfer takes you to Vancouver International Airport or to the cruise port for those extending their holiday on Holland America's Alaska Cruise. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.(Breakfast)
- Portland: Get to know your travelling companions during your delightful Welcome Dinner.
- Seattle: A waterfront Highlight Dinner awaits at Aqua by El Gaucho, where masterfully prepared seafood and chops are paired with dramatic views of Elliott Bay.
- Victoria: Enjoy locally sourced fine dining inspired by land and sea at 10 Acres Kitchen.
- Victoria: Praised by locals for its mouth-watering rustic options, head to Roost Farm Bakery and Vineyard Bistro for delicious, sustainable treats.
- Vancouver: Toast to your travels with a Celebration Dinner at the top-rated Hy's Steakhouse.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Portland: Journey along the Historic Columbia River Highway up the Columbia River Gorge and witness Crown Point Vista House, and Multnomah Falls.
- Victoria: You'll have access to the masterfully crafted blooming flower displays at the world-famous Butchart Gardens.
- Victoria to Vancouver: Take in Canada's remarkable landscapes from the air, as you embark on a breathtaking seaplane flight from Victoria to Vancouver.
- Vancouver: Gain a unique perspective from high above the ground with a Cliffwalk and Treetops Adventure at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Portland: A luxury hotel in a desirable location, you'll be situated in Downtown Portland, just steps away from Pioneer Square and the Central Business District. The Nines, A Luxury Collection Hotel offers sustainable dining in its unique restaurant, The Urban Farmer, while modern Asian cuisine is on offer atop the grand building for those looking for dinner with a view.
- Seattle: As the city’s grand dame, the Fairmont Olympic traces its roots deep into Seattle history, being one of the original buildings of the University of Washington. Newly renovated and refreshed, the hotel’s coveted location makes for easy access to local attractions. And those who prefer to relax in the hotel’s elegant surroundings can enjoy a classic afternoon tea at The Georgian, or taste some of the city’s best oysters at Shuckers.
- Victoria: Tucked away along the waterfront in Downtown Victoria, the Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort offers the perfect escape. Its beautiful harbour views and spacious rooms add to its calming ambiance, while its popular restaurant, Lure, offers a delectable selection of locally sourced cuisine. Its 'hidden' location is deceiving, as the heart of the city is only a water shuttle away.
- Vancouver: The legendary Hotel Georgia combines the grandeur of the Roaring Twenties with contemporary design in the heart of Vancouver. First opened in 1927, it quickly established itself as the city’s most fashionable retreat and one of the best hotels in Vancouver. After an extensive renovation in 2011, it was unveiled as Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
- Portland: Indulge in Portland's Craft Beer scene at a private beer tasting with a Brewmaster.
- Seattle: Learn how to make your own perfect cup of coffee at home during a private Coffee Education Class with Seattle roasters at Caffe Vita.
- Victoria: Join a docent for a private discussion about the First Nations at the Royal BC Museum before it opens to the public for the day, where you'll find out more about the native people's art, history and culture.
Start Date: 2020-06-12
End Date: 2020-06-20
Adult Price: $7425
Child Price: $6617
Adult Price: $6600
Child Price: $5792
Adult Price: $10620
Start Date: 2020-07-17
End Date: 2020-07-25
Adult Price: $7525
Child Price: $6717
Adult Price: $6700
Child Price: $5892
Adult Price: $10720
Start Date: 2020-08-07
End Date: 2020-08-15
Adult Price: $8075
Child Price: $7267
Adult Price: $7250
Child Price: $6442
Adult Price: $11270
Start Date: 2020-08-14
End Date: 2020-08-22
Adult Price: $7495
Child Price: $6687
Adult Price: $6670
Child Price: $5862
Adult Price: $10690
Start Date: 2020-09-11
End Date: 2020-09-19
Adult Price: $7495
Child Price: $6687
Adult Price: $6670
Child Price: $5862
Adult Price: $10690
Start Date: 2020-09-18
End Date: 2020-09-26
Adult Price: $7295
Child Price: $6487
Adult Price: $6470
Child Price: $5662
Adult Price: $10490
Start Date: 2020-09-25
End Date: 2020-10-03
Adult Price: $6895
Child Price: $6087
Adult Price: $6070
Child Price: $5262
Adult Price: $10090