Duration: 8 DaysThe dramatic backdrop of the Andes, the friendliness of the people and the emotion of Latin America provide an ideal setting for your exploration of New World wines. Appreciate the strong French influence of Chile’s Cabernet Sauvignon and Carménère, the full, rich flavors of an Argentinian Malbec or for those who prefer white, a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay, all paired with the cuisine and culture of Argentina and Chile.
Chile & Argentina Wine Experience (2020)
Arrive Santiago, Chile.
On arrival at Santiago International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your luxurious hotel. This evening, join your Traveling Concierge and fellow travelers for a Welcome Dinner at Castillo Forestal.(Dinner with Wine)
Maipo Valley Vineyards.
Your first stop in the Maipo Valley is at El Principal Vineyards. Founded in 1992, Viña El Principal was originally a partnership between Jorge Fontaine, owner of the Hacienda El Principal, and the French winemaker Jean Paul Valette, former owner of the famous Premier Grand Cru Classé Château Pavie in Saint-Émilion. Your visit will include a tour of the vineyards including a tasting and delicious lunch. Continue on to Viña Haras de Pirque for a guided tour and tasting. The estate is committed to a long-term vision that seeks to improve the quality-oriented production standards, in a socially responsible environment for its workers and sustainable practices for the territory. Later this evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Valparaíso, A Seaside Delight.
Visit Valparaíso, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. See ocean landscapes, colorful neighborhoods, picturesque cobblestone streets, and the main square with its monument honoring the 1879 Battle of Iquique. From the hillside enjoy spectacular views of the bay and its adjoining hills. Enjoy lunch at Café Turri, located on Conception Hill before returning to Santiago. In the evening, enjoy a delicious dinner at Borago Restaurant, savoring the chefs homage to the country and its ingredients.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Across the Andes.
After breakfast, head to the Santiago Airport for your onward flight to Mendoza. Transfer to your luxury hotel for an afternoon at leisure.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Mendoza Winery Experience.
Today, explore Mendoza’s countryside, one of the world’s most up-andcoming wine regions. A combination of higher-altitude lands (900 to 1200 m a.s.l), alluvial soils, scarce rains, and wide thermal amplitude made grape growing the primary farming activity of the region. Led by insider guides, we will visit world-class vineyards and wineries. Savor a gourmet lunch matched by the best wines of the region before returning to your hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Mendoza to beautiful Buenos Aires.
Today, take a flight to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival, get to know Buenos Aires with a Local Expert as you explore the neighborhoods of Palermo, San Telmo and Recoleta. View the balcony made famous by Eva Peron, the former First Lady of Argentina, and walk the colorful streets of La Boca. Experience an electrifying performance at Rojo Tango during your Highlight Dinner with wine.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Buenos Aires Your Way.
Experience Buenos Aires Your Way with a visit to the regal Belle Epoque Teatro Colon theatre or the historical Barolo Palace. Celebration Dinner at Kayla Restaurant, where an unforgettable gastronomic experience awaits along with spectacular views of the city from the 31st floor.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Depart Buenos Aires.
After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and enjoy a private transfer to Ezeiza International Airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast)
- Santiago: Contemporary Chilean cuisine is on offer at Borago, currently ranked as Chile’s best restaurant. Savour chef Rodrigo Guzman’s homage to Chile and its ingredients.
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches with wine (LW) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Maipo Valley: The Maipo Valley is the closest Chilean wine region to Santiago, and includes over 7,302 acres (2,955 ha) of vineyards. It is a historic wine-producing region with vines present for the last 150 years and considered the birthplace of the Chilean wine industry. Visit the El Principal Vineyards and Viña Haras de Pirque for tours of the vineyards and tasting of their exceptional wines and food .
- Valparaíso: Explore the UNESCO World Heritage city centre of town and appreciate the vistas of the bay from one of the city’s lookout points.
- Mendoza: Led by insider guides, we will visit world-class vineyards and wineries, sampling some of the New World’s best wines.
- Santiago: The Singular Santiago Lastarria Hotel combines the style of early 20th century buildings with neoclassical French architectural influences, helping it blend effortlessly into the Lastarria neighbourhood. The result is a striking new addition to the Santiago cityscape. The hotel’s design embraces the artistic heritage of its environment, while adding cutting-edge modernity: it is an innovative homage to the city’s history and culture. This property will pleasantly surprise you; from the indulgent spa, delectable dining experiences, dazzling views and refreshing cocktails at the ninth floor Sky Bar. Step out onto the elevated terrace for a spectacular view: the Parque Forestal, an arboreal escape right alongside the hotel. Only a short walk away you'll find the finest visual and performance art Chile has to offer at The Museum of Fine Arts, The Museum of Visual Arts, the Gabriela Mistral Center and more.
- Mendoza: Park Hyatt Mendoza Hotel, located in one of the Great Wine Capitals of the World is easily recognizable with its beautifully restored 19th-century Spanish colonial facade. Situated in the main business district in the centre of Mendoza, in front of Plaza Independencia and only 15 minutes away from Mendoza International, it is close to the most important vineyards and wineries of the region. Its 186 guestrooms and suites are furnished with refined materials and local artwork.
- Buenos Aires: A historic Buenos Aires property, the Alvear Palace Hotel was built as a luxury hotel in the 1930s and has remained a leader in customer service and design throughout the decades.
Start Date: 2020-11-07
End Date: 2020-11-14
Adult Price: $8395
Adult Price: $10495