Duration: 13 DaysFrom the Great Barrier Reef to the Red Centre of the Outback, Australia boasts a plethora of extraordinary natural wonders. This exclusive Luxury Gold journey is a showcase of vast tropical rainforests, otherworldly rock formations and ancient indigenous culture. Snorkel across the underwater gardens of the Great Barrier Reef, listen to the sounds of the didgeridoo at a hosted starlit dinner in Uluṟu and take in the iconic sights of Sydney aboard a luxury yacht. Mother Nature reveals her most flamboyant colours on this majestic itinerary.
Inspiring Australia (Summer 2019)
Welcome to Cairns.
On arrival at the airport, you’ll be welcomed and transferred to your hotel. In the evening meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at the beachfront Nu Nu Restaurant, where you will enjoy a four-course tasting menu made from seasonal ingredients and paired with matching wines as you overlook the crystal-clear water of the Coral Sea.(Dinner with Wine)
The Ancient Daintree Rainforest and Indigenous Culture.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Daintree National Park is the largest continuous area of tropical rainforest on the Australian continent. Join your Local Expert for an exclusive exploration into this ancient rainforest and learn about the close relationship the indigenous Kuku Yalanji people have with their land. Lunch is served in a tranquil setting in the heart of the rainforest. Return to your hotel, where you have the evening at your leisure.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
Visible from space, the Great Barrier Reef is a place of great ecological value and beauty. Experience its magic as you cruise out to Agincourt Reef to enjoy the day relaxing on board or take to the water to discover spectacular coral formations and a world of unique marine creatures, as you snorkel around underwater gardens. Lunch is served on board in air-conditioned comfort.(Breakfast / Lunch)
Into the Outback.
Depart the holiday hotspot of Cairns, flying to Uluru, the heart of Australia. The domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) are your first stop. Join your Journey Director for a guided walk deep through whistling Walpa Gorge, tracing the cultural significance of Kata Tjuta’s ancient rocky domes. Late afternoon, venture into the spiritual midst of Uluru in time to enjoy sparkling wine at a spectacular sunset.(Breakfast)
Spend the morning at the base of Uluru’s red slopes, embracing the timeless stories of the Anangu people, whose rock art you’ll have the opportunity to view before visiting the Mutitjulu Waterhole, home to the Anangu’s wanampi, an ancestral water snake. Then venture to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre, where you’ll learn about the strong connection shared over millennia between the Anangu and this ancient land. This evening meet the magical stars of the Southern Hemisphere at the sensational Sounds of Silence Dinner.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
ULURU – KINGS CANYON
Witness a mesmerising sunrise over Uluru before returning to your hotel for breakfast. From here you’ll travel towards Kings Canyon. Your first stop is Curtin Springs Station. Learn about the legacy of the Severin family and their wrangling heritage and then kick back in true Aussie-style at a barbecue lunch. Continue to your destination, Kings Canyon Resort.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)
KINGS CANYON – ALICE SPRINGS.
Perfect for observing the changing colours of the landscape, today you're off on a sunrise 6km Rim Walk exploration of spectacular Kings Canyon. Highlights include the domed ‘Lost City’, and the luscious ‘Garden of Eden’. If you’d prefer a more relaxed walk, you can explore the boulder-strewn canyon Creek Bed, getting up close to the native plants and birdlife that call this part of the world home. Afterwards you’re off the beaten track, travelling along the Mereenie Loop Road past Gosses Bluff and then through the West MacDonnell Ranges to Alice Springs. Join your Alice Springs hosts this evening for a barbecue dinner around a campfire.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)
ALICE SPRINGS - SYDNEY.
Spend some time at the School of the Air to learn about the technology used to teach children in these remote areas, and the Royal Flying Doctor Service to see how this organisation is saving lives in the outback. Later you’ll fly to Sydney, where you have a free evening to explore this vibrant city.(Breakfast)
Blue Mountains National Park.
Travel to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Blue Mountains National Park, known for its dramatic landscapes. See the Three Sisters rock formations, marvel at Bridal Veil Falls and embark on a peaceful wilderness walk. Enjoy lunch at your leisure, before arriving at your hotel. Later meet your fellow travellers for a delicious dinner made from local produce.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Hunter Valley Wine Country.
Take in vistas of pristine landscapes, as you travel north towards the Hunter Valley for a day of fine cuisine and wine. On arrival, you'll enjoy a private wine tasting at one of the region’s renowned wineries, followed by an exquisite tasting lunch. Spend the rest of the afternoon at your leisure at your boutique hotel, perhaps opting for a massage at the spa? Enjoy dinner this evening at your hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Set sail on Sydney Harbour.
Prepare for a day of sailing on iconic Sydney Harbour. Join a skilled sailing crew on board a luxury yacht and take in views of Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the secluded coves surrounded by multimillion-dollar mansions. Enjoy the evening at your leisure, perhaps dining at one of the city’s popular restaurants?(Breakfast)
Sydney Sightseeing and the Opera House.
With a Local Expert, see the city’s beachside Eastern Suburbs and take a stroll along the scenic coastal path. In the afternoon, join your Travelling Concierge for a VIP tour of the famous Sydney Opera House, before enjoying a Celebration Dinner at Peter Gilmore’s iconic Bennelong Restaurant, set in the sails of the Sydney Opera House.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
After breakfast, bid farewell to your fellow travellers and transfer to the airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast)
- Palm Cove: Savour an award-winning, four-course meal made from seasonal ingredients, as you overlook the stunning crystal-clear water of the Coral Sea at Nu Nu Restaurant.
- Alice Springs: As the sun sets over the otherworldly landscapes of the Outback, prepare for a dazzling traditional dinner in the wilderness, set beneath the Milky Way. See how your host, Bob, prepares your meal in a bush camp and learn about traditional Aboriginal food.
- Curtin Springs: Enjoy a BBQ lunch at a family-owned ranch, home to 4,000 head of cattle, and talk to the locals about what life is like in the unforgiving Outback.
- Uluṟu: As the sun sets and darkness falls, listen to the sounds of a didgeridoo and enjoy a feast of fine local cuisine during the award-winning Sounds of Silence dinner.
- Hunter Valley: Discover one of Australia’s most famous wine regions, as you enjoy a privately-hosted wine tasting at a boutique winery, followed by an exquisite tasting lunch.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches (L), 2 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Daintree Rainforest: Join your Local Expert for an exclusive tour to learn about the close relationship the indigenous Kuku Yalanji people have with their land.
- Great Barrier Reef: Take to the water and discover spectacular coral formations and a world of unique marine creatures, as you snorkel around underwater gardens.
- Alice Springs: Explore Alice Springs with your Local Expert.
- Kings Canyon: Take a walk with your Local Expert to explore the red rock cliffs of Kings Canyon.
- Kings Canyon: Rise with the sun and embark on a vigorous 6 kilometre Rim Walk at Kings Canyon with awe-inspiring views from Cotterill’s Lookout.
- Uluṟu: Arrive at the Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park and watch the sun dip beyond the horizon, as you enjoy canapes and wine.
- Kata Tjuta: Join your Travelling Concierge as you take a guided walk through the sacred Walpa Gorge.
- Uluṟu: Watch the magical sunrise over Uluru as you spend a morning at leisure.
- Blue Mountains: Enjoy the natural wonder that is the Blue Mountains, known for its dramatic landscapes.
- Hunter Valley: Enjoy the natural landscapes as you head north to the wine region of the Hunter Valley.
- Sydney: Join a skilled sailing crew onboard a luxury yacht and take in views of Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the secluded coves surrounded by multimillion-dollar mansions.
- Rural Hotels: In the remote areas of Australia, Luxury Gold stays at the best available properties. Hotels are simpler in style with clean rooms and private facilities.
- Cairns: Alamanda at Palm Cove is the epitome of barefoot luxury, situated moments away from the turquoise Coral Sea and surrounded by tropical palm trees. It offers everything from fine dining to a wellness spa.
- Uluṟu: Situated in the heart of Australia’s Red Centre, this five-star hotel is a beautiful oasis amid the raw beauty of the Outback. It comes with a wellness spa, swimming-pool, gourmet restaurants and an impressive collection of indigenous artworks.
- Sydney: Placing you in the heart of The Rocks district with its cobbled streets and historic buildings, The Langham, Sydney embodies timeless style and boasts stunning views of the iconic Sydney Harbour.
- Blue Mountains: On the cusp of the dramatic Jamison Valley in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Blue Mountains, you are invited to relax, explore and engage your senses at the Fairmont Resort.
- Hunter Valley: Set amidst acres of rolling hills, this boutique hotel offers the ultimate country escape with a variety of walking trails leading on from its gardens. It also boasts a Grecian-style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna, fitness centre, and tennis courts.
- Sydney: Embark on a VIP tour of the famous Sydney Opera House, before enjoying a Celebration Dinner at Peter Gilmore’s iconic Bennelong restaurant, set in the building's iconic sails.
Start Date: 2020-02-04
End Date: 2020-02-16
Adult Price: $10125
Adult Price: $13550
Start Date: 2020-03-03
End Date: 2020-03-15
Adult Price: $10125
Adult Price: $13550