Duration: 10 DaysDiscover nature’s bounty, as you wander through ancient rainforests, cruise on spectacular Lake Manapouri and marvel at geothermal phenomena. Great film epics such as Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed in the vast wildernesses and enchanting landscapes of New Zealand. This inspiring journey showcases New Zealand’s natural splendours, culinary flair and fascinating indigenous cultures.
Inspiring New Zealand (Summer 2019)
Welcome to Auckland.
On arrival at Auckland airport, you are welcomed and driven to your hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, relaxing or exploring the city. At 19:00, meet your Travelling Concierge and travel companions for drinks and a Welcome Dinner served with wine at your hotel.(Dinner with Wine)
Highlights of Auckland.
Surrounded by rainforests, hot springs and glistering waterways, Auckland is the ultimate urban gateway to outdoor thrill. Explore the city centre, as you embark on a journey by waterway headed for Mission Bay. Enjoy panoramic views of the bay from Bastion Point and marvel at the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial, which commemorates the country’s first Labour Prime Minister and the founder of the welfare state. Step aboard a ferry for a voyage to picture-perfect Waiheke Island where you’ll embark on a scenic drive to your first stop, Stonyridge Vineyard. Known for producing award-winning Cabernet blends, Stonyridge Vineyard lies in a lush valley and boasts a French-style caeé where you will taste delicious blends and enjoy a light seasonal lunch. This afternoon head to Rangihoua Estate, famous for producing some of the island’s best olive oils, and enjoy a privately-hosted tasting experience. In Mediterranean style, visit the lakeside Casita Miro and the beautiful Mudbrick Vineyard for your final wine tastings and take in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf. Return to the mainland by ferry and enjoy an evening at leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is a treasure trove of local knowledge and will happily make restaurant recommendations and reservations on your behalf.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
The Cultural Capital of Rotorua.
Journey along the Waikato River, the longest river in the country, towards the home of retired champion horse jockey, Lance O’Sullivan and his wife, Bridgette. You’re invited for a private lunch at their Red Barn, which overlooks Lake Karapiro. Continue on to Rotorua, the cultural capital of New Zealand and home to Lake Rotorua, geo-thermic geysers and bubbling mud pools. Orientate yourself, as you embark on a city tour and appreciate spectacular vistas of the lake. In the evening see a privately-hosted Māori show at the Tamaki Māori Village and gain insight into local Māori traditions and history from your Local Expert. Witness the heart-pounding wero challenge from a Māori warrior during a ceremonial Māori welcome, known as Powhiri, and learn traditional customary phrases and greetings such as the Hongi. Chat to the Māoris and discover how they lived prior to the arrival of European settlers. Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hāngi and prepared using the traditional Māori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)
Rotorua Wellness or Adventure.
Relish a relaxed start in the morning before experience Rotorua Your Way with a choice between a spa treatment, film-interest tour or treetop adventure. The wellness option allows you to submerge yourself in the mineral-rich baths of The Polynesian spa, followed by a soul-rejuvenating massage. Nestled on the shores of Lake Rotorua, this unique spa draws on the geothermal waters of the area to offer you an invigorating experience. Alternatively, explore the magical film set of The Hobbiton, as you enter the lush pastures of Middle Earth and hear stories about the making of the film from a knowledgeable guide. Your final option is a treetop ziplining adventure that sees you gliding through an ancient native forest. Hear stories about the local plants and birds from your guide, as you fly like a bird. All logistics and bookings are handled and made by your Travelling Concierge. In the evening enjoy dinner of your choice at one of Rotorua’s many restaurants.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Rainbow Springs Nature Park and Wellington.
Set in the indigenous forests of Rotorua near crystal-clear mineral water springs, the Rainbow Springs Nature Park is home to a fascinating collection of birds, reptiles and plants. Wander among exotic flowers and see New Zealand’s most successful kiwi hatchery in action. Travel to the living Māori village of Whakawerawera where a Local Expert, a resident, will take you to see New Zealand’s biggest geyser, bubbling mud pools and thermal springs. This afternoon, you are driven to the Rotorua Airport for your onward flight to Wellington. Settle into your hotel and enjoy an evening at your leisure. Perhaps head down to Courtenay Place or Cuba Street to dine at one of Wellington’s tucked-away bars or quirky cafes?(Breakfast)
New Zealand's Culinary Capital.
Wellington, the trendy seaside capital of New Zealand, is packed with natural beauty, picture-book architecture and vibrant urban culture. Embark on a tour of the city, as you venture out into leafy laneways towards an array of cafes, boutiques and galleries. Your Travelling Concierge will introduce you to passionate locals who will share stories about the city’s legendary culinary scene, history and culture. Embark on a walking tour alongside a knowledgeable Local Expert and food connoisseur to foodie hotspots dotted around the city. Taste home-brewed coffee, gourmet chocolate, gelato, cheeses and other local specialties, as you discover why Wellington is known as the culinary capital of the country. In the afternoon, visit Wellington’s famous urban eco-sanctuary, Zealandia. Known for being the first of its kind in the world, Zealandia is the most biodiversity-rich square mile in the country and has successfully reintroduced 18 species of native wildlife back into the area, six of which were previously absent from mainland New Zealand for over 100 years. Learn about the country’s fascinating ecological history, as you wander through a lush indigenous forest. For dinner, take your pick from a selection of hand-picked local restaurants.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Te Papa Museum Wellington on to Queenstown.
Enjoy exclusive VIP entry into the famous Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand, before it opens to the public. Embark on a guided walk through fascinating exhibitions, as you learn about the people, places and ideas that shaped New Zealand and the Pacific. Travel on to Queenstown, New Zealand’s adventure capital situated on the South Island. On arrival at Queenstown Airport, travel to the delightful gold rush village of Arrowtown. Situated on the sparkling Arrow River, this heritage village once attracted fortune seekers from afar. Wander along its historic main road and marvel at the soaring surrounding mountain ranges and forests. Return to Queenstown for an exploration of the city. See Lake Wakatipu, the Remarkables mountain range and the world-famous bungy jump at Kawarau Bridge.(Breakfast)
Fiordland National Park and the Doubtful Sound.
Beyond the adrenaline-seeking crowds of Queenstown lies a vast and mystical wilderness. Travel to an untouched world deep in the heart of Fiordland National Park. The beauty and sheer scale of Doubtful Sound will take your breath away. Cruise across Lake Manapouri and marvel at plummeting waterfalls and ancient rainforests, while keeping an eye out for bottlenose dolphins, fur seals and the rare Fiordland crested penguin. After your cruise, cross over Wilmot Pass and pause to appreciate views of the Sound glistening far below. Enjoy dinner this evening at your hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)
Choices of Queenstown.
Explore Queenstown Your Way and choose between a boutique wine tour, guided walk and canyon tour. The half-day wine tour option showcases some of the best wines in Central Otago, taking you to four top vineyards with a delicious meze lunch served with wine included. Visit Old Cromwell Town and enjoy a drive through the Kawarau Gorge, as you learn about the early pioneering history of this rugged region. Enjoy spectacular views of the lake and mountains and learn about medicinal plants that were once used by Māori and European settlers. Alternatively, enjoy a gentle ranger-guided walk along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through an ancient beech forest. Stop and take in unrivalled views across the lake of The Remarkables mountain range and Cecil Peak, as you enjoy specially-prepared coffee and tea. Your final option is to explore Queenstown’s wilderness, as you venture into the backcountry of Skippers Canyon on a 4WD minibus tour. All logistics and bookings are handled and made by your Travelling Concierge. In the evening, join your travel companions and Travelling Concierge for a spectacular Celebration Dinner, hosted at one of the best restaurants in the city.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Bid farewell to your travel companions, as you are driven to Queenstown Airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast)
- Waiheke Island: Step aboard a ferry for a voyage to picture-perfect Waiheke Island where you’ll embark on a scenic drive to your first stop, Stonyridge Vineyard. Known for producing award-winning Cabernet blends, Stonyridge Vineyard lies in a lush valley and boasts a French-style café where you’ll taste delicious blends and enjoy a light seasonal lunch.
- Rotorua: Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hāngi and prepared using the traditional Māori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Tamaki Māori Village: See a privately-hosted Māori show and the heart-pounding Wero challenge at the Tamaki Māori Village and gain insight into local Māori traditions and history from your Local Expert.
- Rotorua: Experience Rotorua Your Way with a choice between a wellness experience in the mineral-rich baths of The Polynesian spa, a visit to the film set of Hobbiton or a treetop adventure through an ancient native forest.
- Whakawerawera: Join a Māori Local Expert to see New Zealand’s biggest geyser, bubbling mud pools and thermal springs.
- Wellington: Embark on a private walking tour alongside a Local Expert to foodie hotspots dotted around the city and taste home-brewed coffee, gourmet chocolate, gelato, cheeses and other local specialties, as you discover why Wellington is known as the culinary capital of the country.
- Fiordland National Park: Embark on a cruise on Lake Manapouri and marvel at the plummeting waterfalls and ancient rainforests of the Fiordland National Park.
- Queenstown: Explore Queenstown Your Way and choose between a boutique wine tour to four of the region’s best estates plus a visit to Old Cromwell Town; a guided walk along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through an ancient beech forest or a 4x4 tour through the backcountry of Skippers Canyon.
- Wellington: Forming part of an exclusive collection of luxury hotels, the vintage-inspired Sofitel Wellington places you in the heart of the city near lush botanical gardens, stately parliamentary buildings and a collection of museums.
- Queenstown: Offering unrivalled views of mountain peaks and the glistening Lake Wakatipu, Heritage Queenstown is crafted from centuries-old schist stone and cedar, and offers Alpine-style luxury accommodation, complete with a heated outdoor swimming
- Lake Karapiro: Journey along the Waikato River, the longest river in the country, towards the home of retired champion horse jockey, Lance O’Sullivan and his wife, Bridgette. You’re invited for a private lunch at their Red Barn, which overlooks Lake Karapiro.
- Wellington: Enjoy exclusive VIP entry into famous Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand, before it opens to the public. Embark on a guided walk through fascinating exhibitions, as you learn about the people, places and ideas that shaped New Zealand and the Pacific.
Start Date: 2020-02-16
End Date: 2020-02-25
Adult Price: $7325
Adult Price: $9465
Start Date: 2020-03-15
End Date: 2020-03-24
Adult Price: $7325
Adult Price: $9465