Duration: 19 DaysDelve into the scenic delights of New Zealand with a small group of explorers. Combine natural beauty with creature comforts as you overnight in the rainforests of Fiordland National Park, immerse yourself in the era of Art Deco in Napier, and journey south to the highland city of Dunedin. Experience the country in the best possible way - discover Milford Sound by sea kayak, explore the magical Glowworm Grotto and gain an insight in Maori culture with a unique Maori Hangi dinner and concert in Rotorua.
The Long White Cloud – Summer 2020
Welcome to Christchurch.
On arrival at Christchurch Airport you'll be driven by private car to your hotel. Spend some time at leisure to relax or explore on your own. Perhaps visit the International Antarctic Centre or Orana Wildlife Park, New Zealand's only open range zoo? In the evening meet your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Reception.
Christchurch to Franz Josef.
It's all aboard the TranzAlpine train. Rated as one of the world's great scenic railway journeys, you'll travel in comfort across the Canterbury Plains through the Southern Alps. From Arthur's Pass, visit the small town of Hokitika, the heritage and cultural centre of the West Coast. Continue to Franz Josef where your eco-friendly accommodation is set amid native bush and has an emphasis on relaxation and rejuvenation. This evening, why not enjoy Franz Josef's local geothermal hot pools or perhaps a massage?(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
The Mighty Franz Josef Glacier.
During a Glacier Valley Walk, explore the area with a local guide who will explain the history behind the surrounding fascinating landscape and the importance of Pounamu, better known as jade or greenstone.(Breakfast)
Romantic Arrowtown and on to Queenstown.
This morning it’s time for an adventure as you journey down the Haast River in a purpose-built, fully enclosed, river jet boat. After a lunch stop at Makarora travel to Arrowtown where there is time to stop and explore this historic gold-mining village on the Arrow River. Continue to Queenstown for an orientation tour.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Queenstown Your Way.
Experience Queenstown Your Way with an included choice of sightseeing. You could join a wine tour, view The Lord of the Rings film locations and scenery of Queenstown and Glenorchy on a scenic tour, or spend time having a relaxing massage in the spa. Tonight you can dine at one of the local restaurants along the waterfront in town or simply relax at your hotel.(Breakfast)
Queenstown at leisure.
Make the most of your extended stay in Queenstown. Why not take an optional jet boat ride down the mighty Shotover River or get wet white water rafting down the Kawarau River? In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner at one of Queenstown’s exclusive restaurants.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Queenstown to Milford Sound.
Travel south along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, the South Island's largest lake, to reach Te Anau. Continue through the rainforest of the UNESCO-listed World Heritage Sit of Fiordland National Park, sighting glaciers and mountain ranges before driving through the hand-hewn Homer Tunnel to reach the amazing Mirror Lake. Walk to see the Chasm on your way into Milford Sound, considered to be the Eighth Wonder of the World. Enjoy a two-night stay at the magical Milford Sound Lodge, with views of the Cleddau Valley.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Milford Sound Cruise and Kayaking.
Learn more about Fiordland National Park during an informative talk by a specialist Nature Guide before boarding the Southern Discoveries vessel for a half day cruise of Milford Sound.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)
Milford Sound to Dunedin.
We leave the majestic Fiordland National Park for the fertile sheep-dotted pastures of South Otago. Travel through Te Anau and on to the country music town of Gore before continuing to Dunedin, New Zealand’s southernmost city. Enjoy dinner and wine at Parcels Restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Larnach Castle and Dunedin at Leisure.
You are treated to an exclusive tour of Larnach Castle before an afternoon at your leisure - relax or continue exploring as you wish. Perhaps take a train ride or wildlife cruise?(Breakfast)
Dunedin to Christchurch.
Travel up the east coast of the South Island via Oamaru and Timaru. On arrival in Christchurch embark on an in-depth sightseeing tour of the city.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Christchurch to Wellington.
Travel along the rugged Pacific Ocean coast to Kaikoura, famous for its whales. Continue your journey to the seaside town of Picton. Cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound and across Cook Strait to reach Wellington for a city orientation tour.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Wellington Your Way.
Explore Wellington Your Way with an included choice of sightseeing. You can experience Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, join a local guide for city walking tour around Wellington or learn about New Zealand’s history and culture during a guided visit to Te Papa, New Zealand’s incredible national museum and art gallery.(Breakfast)
Wellington to Hawke's Bay.
Travel through the dairy farming land of Manawatu to Napier in Hawke's Bay.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Enjoy a relaxed start before venturing out to explore the surrounding area. Join a local guide for a tour of the city and see the varying art deco architecture, the style in which Napier was rebuilt after a devastating Earthquake in 1931. In the evening, enjoy a wine tasting and three-course dinner at Craggy Range Winery, one of the region's world-famous wineries.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Travel past Lake Taupo, the largest lake in New Zealand, and visit the spectacular Huka Falls. Then it’s on to Rotorua where on arrival a sightseeing tour offers the chance to take in views of Lake Rotorua. Experience local customs like the Hongi greeting and learn some customary phrases when you visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village set amongst a highly active landscape erupting with geothermal activity. Savour the unique flavours of a Māori Hāngī feast, a meal cooked in the ground using geothermal steam, followed by a traditional concert, at the Tamaki Family Marae.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
The Sights of Rotorua.
Your first stop is Rainbow Springs Nature Park, where you'll discover the native beauty around the crystal clear mineral water springs. Take a behind-the-scenes tour through a working kiwi nursery and hatchery dedicated to the conservation of the national icon. Continue to Redwoods Treewalk which consists of 21 suspension bridges traversing between 22 Californian Coastal Redwoods. It provides a unique view of the native undergrowth below from up to 12 metres above the ground, and with a 553-metre-long walk there is plenty of time to appreciate the beauty of the forest. The rest of the afternoon is free for you to continue exploring at your leisure or perhaps relax at your state-of-the-art hotel.(Breakfast)
Footwhistle Cave and Auckland.
Being your day with a dazzling show during an exclusive five-star Eco Glowworm experience at Waitomo Caves. During your five-star, exclusively guided, Eco Glowworm experience, admire the magical subterranean world of Footwhistle Cave. Later in New Zealand's largest city, Auckland, embark on an afternoon sightseeing tour before having the rest of the day at your leisure to enjoy the city as you wish. Toast your travels at your Celebration Dinner in the company of a former New Zealand All Black rugby player.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Bid farewell to your fellow travellers after breakfast, as your journey comes to an end with a transfer to Auckland Airport for your onward flight.(Breakfast)
- Queenstown: Experience a first-class dining experience in one of Queenstown’s most popular and exclusive restaurants.
- Dunedin: Set in an old post office, this dinner is in at Parcels Restaurant.
- Hawke's Bay: Indulge in a wine tasting followed by a 3-course dinner at Mission Estate Winery, one of the region's world famous wineries.
- Rotorua: Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hāngi and prepared using the traditional Māori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.
- Auckland: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with a former All Black rugby player. You’ll be regaled with fascinating stories about his time spent on a champion team.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 13 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Christchurch: Journey on the iconic TranzAlpine Train.
- Christchurch: Visit the coastal town of Hokitika and find out about its local history.
- Franz Josef Glacier: Experience the impressiveness of this mighty natural wonder and meet a local jade carver.
- Haast River: Enjoy a fully enclosed jet boat ride down the Haast River.
- Makarora: Take part in an orientation in Makarora and hear about the beauty of this town.
- Queenstown: Take a walk in the Fiordland National Park to view the Chasm.
- Milford Sound: Sea kayaking is by far the best way to discover Milford Sound. Look out for the New Zealand fur seals, Fiordland crested penguins, famous blue penguins and even bottlenose dolphins.
- Tasman Sea: Board a cruise vessel and set sail out to the Tasman Sea.
- Dunedin: Take part in an exclusive tour of Larnach Castle.
- Christchurch: Stare in awe as you see Lake Tekapo, one of New Zealand's most beautiful lakes.
- Wellington: Take a cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound to cross Cook Strait.
- Wellington: See the sights of New Zealand's capital during your orientation.
- Wellington: Explore Wellington Your Way with a choice of visiting Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, joining a local guide for a city walking tour around Wellington or a guided visit to Te Papa, New Zealand’s incredible national museum and art gallery.
- Napier: Take part in a guided tour of the city of Napier.
- Hawke's Bay: Take your morning of leisure to explore the beautiful area of Hawke's Bay.
- Huka Falls: Take a visit to the beautiful Huka Falls that drains from Lake Taupo.
- Rotorua: Learn about the city of Rotorua when you embark on a sightseeing tour.
- Rotorua: Visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village and gain an insight into the lives of the Māori community and their special bond with this ancient land.
- Rotorua: Visit the Rainbow Springs Nature Park to see a working kiwi nursery and hatchery and learn more about the conservation of this national creature.
- Rotorua: During your visit to Redwoods - The TreeWalk, enjoy the unique perspective from 12 metres above the ground.
- Waitomo Cave: Discover the native glowworms, fascinating, bright creatures of Waitomo Cave, with your Local Expert.
- Auckland: Enjoy a sightseeing tour around the city of Auckland.
- Waipoua Forest: Visit the Waipoua Forest which is home to the largest Kauri tree in existence.
- Waipoua Forest: Walk with a Maori guide and learn about the history and legend behind the Kauri tree.
- Franz Josef: Surrounded by natural rainforest on New Zealand's West Coast, Te Waonui Forest Retreat is a short drive from Franz Josef Glacier. This five-star retreat offers luxuriously appointed rooms which include organic cotton bed sheets, pillow menu and large private bathrooms.
- Wellington: Forming part of an exclusive collection of luxury hotels, the vintage-inspired Sofitel Wellington places you in the heart of the city near lush botanical gardens, stately parliamentary buildings and a collection of museums.
- Hawke's Bay: Porters Boutique Hotel is a privately owned, boutique hotel that delivers a luxurious experience.
Start Date: 2020-11-23
End Date: 2020-12-11
Adult Price: $11995
Adult Price: $16420
Start Date: 2021-01-25
End Date: 2021-02-12
Adult Price: $11995
Adult Price: $16420
Start Date: 2021-02-22
End Date: 2021-03-12
Adult Price: $11995
Adult Price: $16420
Start Date: 2021-03-15
End Date: 2021-04-02
Adult Price: $11995
Adult Price: $16420