Discover the authentic Provence combining style and refinement, a cruise brimming with splendid scenery and great food as well as a once-in-a-lifetime evening at a Paul Bocuse restaurant.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Headsets are included for excursions
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Onboard activities
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Prepaid Classic Sightseeing Package
- Colorful Provence
- The scenery and traditions of the Camargue
- The Luberon Region and its hilltop villages
- Dinner at Paul Bocuse’s Abbaye de Collonges Restaurant
- The Camargue and its customs
- Avignon and the imposing Papal Palace or
- The village of Gordes and the Sénanque Abbey (supplement)
- The Gorges de l’Ardèche, the most beautiful canyon in Europe
- The Cité du Chocolat in Tain l’Hermitage
- Lyon and a tasting of fine food at Paul Bocuse’s Les Halles de Lyon(2)
Day 1: Lyon
Passengers are welcome to board our ship at 6 p.m. After you’ve comfortably settled into your cabins, we’ll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail. Tonight, we’ll enjoy dinner and an evening of entertainment on board.
Day 2: Lyon - Collonges-Au-Mont-D'Or
This morning join us for an extraordinary French gastronomic experience at Paul Bocuse’s Les Halles de Lyon (2). We’ll cross through the city and go up Fourvière Hill to the white basilica, before heading over to Vieux Lyon. Don’t miss the tasting of fine food at Paul Bocuse’s Les Halles de Lyon. We’ll enjoy a snack of local sausage and cheese, topped off with a lovely glass of wine*.We’ll then join the Saône River and head towards our next port of call, Collonges-au-Mont-d’Or.
(Optional - supplement applies) We’ll leave on foot for Paul Bocuse’s Abbaye de Collonges for a veritable French feast. Paul Bocuse was a three-star gourmet chef who was known for his innovative approach to cuisine and his love for fresh, high-quality ingredients. This will be a singular experience in an exceptional setting where you’ll be able to relish in out-of-this-world courses prepared by some of the most renowned chefs. At the end of our delicious evening, we’ll return on board the ship and start sailing. (Dinner at the Abbaye de Collonges or in a Paul Bocuse restaurant depending of the number of participants).
(2) Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse are closed on Sundays and Mondays. In this instance, arrangements will be made so as to maintain the tasting of local products
Day 3: Tain L'Hermitage - Avignon
We’ll leave on foot for a guided tour of the Cité du Chocolat in Tain L’Hermitage. Come and explore, smell, and taste chocolate in all of its forms at the Valrhona discovery center. Lastly, we’ll indulge in a tasting of course!
We’ll spend the afternoon cruising to Avignon, reaching it in the evening. Join us for dinner and an evening of entertainment.
Day 4: Avignon - Arles(4)
This morning join us for a guided tour of the Papal Palace. Take a step back in time as you stroll through the immense halls, contemplate the beauty of the chapels, and visit the papal apartments. Or Join us for an excursion to Gordes and a tour of the Sénanque Abbey(5) (supplement applies). A community of Cistercian monks has been living in the Sénanque Abbey since 1148. They follow the Rule of Saint Benedict in the purest tradition, dedicating their lives to prayer and labor. We’ll start cruising to Arles.
(4) The stopover in Arles can be replaced by a stopover in Avignon depending on passage through the locks.
(5) If the Abbey is closed, we'll visit the Lavender Museum instead.
Day 5: Arles(4) - The Camargue - Viviers
This morning join us for an excursion to the Camargue. We’ll visit a manade, where bulls are raised and horses are trained, to learn about the various traditions in the area. We'll spend the afternoon cruising through the gorgeous French countryside, passing by Valence and Montélimar.
Day 6: Viviers - Gorges De L'Ardeche
This morning join us for a guided tour of Viviers - an open air museum where the pages of history are written in stone. This afternoon take a visit to the Gorges de l’Ardèche with us. This panoramic tour from the comfortable seat of a coach will bring you to the heart of the treasures found in the area. After our tour, we’ll return on board the ship in La Voulte and continue our cruise towards Lyon.
- As a warning for those suffering from travel sickness, the route during the panoramic tour includes many twists and turns.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
Day 7: Lyon
Enjoy breakfast on board this morning before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. End of our services.
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- All onboard beverages (not including the special lists)
- Accommodations in double-occupancy, climate-controlled cabin with shower in private bathroom
- All port fees
- Prepaid classic sightseeing package.
- Drinks from our special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Transfers to/from departure/arrival points
- Optional excursions (must be reserved and paid for on board or at travel agency)
- Personal expenses.
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.