Croisi Barge Cruise: BDJ_AIPP
From Besançon to Dijon, this majestic cruise on the Rhône-Rhine canal will take you through authentic and traditional cities with different stories and hidden gems. You will be able to visit the Saline Royale of Arc-et-Senans, Dole or the charming city of Saint-Jean-de-Losne, first river port of France home to the Musée de la Batellerie, recounting the history of navigation on inland waterways.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Bicycles available on board
- La Saline Royale (Royal Salt works), listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site
- Dole, hilltop city and birthplace of Louis Pasteur
- Saint-Jean-de-Losne and its monuments telling the story of its prestigious past
- The charming country village of Petit-Ouges
- The Burgundy Grands Crus Wine Route
- Tastings* of local wine and delicacies
Day 1: Besancon
Passengers are welcome to board our ship at 6.00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we'll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail before dinner.
Day 2: Besancon - Ranchot
We'll depart by coach to Arc-et-Senans for the tour of the Saline-Royale. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this royal factory was built between 1775 and 1779 at the wish of King Louis XV. We'll return on board after our tour and cruise towards Ranchot.
Day 3: Ranchot - Dole
This morning will be spent cruising towards Dole. In the afternoon, join us for an original and unique tour, following the "trail of the Perched Cat”. This trail refers the famous tales of a Perched Cat, written be Marcel Aymé who lived in Dole as a child.
Day 4: Dole - Saint-Jean-De-Losne
We'll spend this morning cruising towards Saint-Jean-de-Losne. In the afternoon, join us for a guided tour of the city and the Battellerie Museum which recounts the history of navigation, followed by a tasting* of local products.
Day 5: Saint-Jean-De-Losne - Petit-Ouges
We'll spend the whole day cruising towards Petit-Ouges, reaching it in the afternoon. Upon arrival in Petit-Ouges, enjoy time at leisure to discover the "circuit of the three washhouses”(1).
Day 6: Petit-Ouges - Dijon
This morning will be spent cruising towards Dijon. In the afternoon, join us for an excursion along the Grands Crus Wine Route. The touristic Grands Crus Wine Route passes through the finest and most prestigious of the Burgundy vineyards. Tonight's our gala evening and dinner.
Day 7: Dijon
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9.00 a.m. End of our services.
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Onboard drinks included (except for drinks from our special lists)
- Double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- Excursions mentioned in the program
- Assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess
- Welcome cocktail
- Gala dinner
- All port fees.
- Drinks from our special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Transfers to/from departure/arrival points
- Personal expenses.
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. Note prices usually display available discounted rates if any, (eg. Early Bird Deals if applicable). All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.