Croisi Canal Cruise: DBC_AIPP
From Dijon to Besançon, this majestic cruise on the Rhône-Rhine canal will take you through authentic and traditional cities with different stories and hidden gems. You will be able to visit the Saline Royale of Arc-et-Senans, Dole or the charming city of Saint-Jean-de-Losne, first river port of France home to the Musée de la Batellerie, recounting the history of navigation on inland waterways.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Bicycles available on board
- EXCURSIONS INCLUDED
- La Saline Royale (Royal Salt works), listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site
- Dole, hilltop city and birthplace of Louis Pasteur
- Saint-Jean-de-Losne and its monuments telling the story of its prestigious past
- The charming country village of Petit-Ouges
- The Grands Crus Wine Route
- Wine tasting* in Saint-Jean-de-Losne
Day 1: Dijon
Passengers are welcome to board our ship at 6:00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we'll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail before dinner.
Day 2: Dijon - Petit-Ouges
Join us on an excursion along the Grands Crus wine route. The touristic Grands Crus wine route passes through the finest and most prestigious of the Burgundy vineyards. We'll stop along the way for a wine-tasting* session. We'll return onboard and cruise to Petit-Ouges, discovering the magnificent lush, green landscapes of the Saône Valley. Upon arrival in Petit-Ouges, discover the "Path of the Three Wash Houses” (1).
Day 3: Petit-Ouges - Saint-Jean-De-Losne
The whole day will be spent cruising towards Saint-Jean-de-Losne. Take the time to sit back and admire the vineyards and scenery that we'll slowly pass by as we cruise. We'll arrive in Saint-Jean-de-Losne late in the afternoon.
Day 4: Saint-Jean-De-Losne - Dole
Join us on a visit of Saint-Jean-de-Losne, the capital of canal barging in France, which lies at the heart of the French waterways and canal system in southern Burgundy. The afternoon will be spent cruising towards Dole.
Day 5: Dole - Ranchot
Join us on an original and unique tour, following the "trail of the Chat Perché”. This trail refers to the famous tales of a Perched Cat, written be Marcel Aymé who lived in Dole as a child. It also refers to Dole's location, which is perched on a beautiful hillside. We'll return onboard and cruise towards Ranchot. You can use the bicycles (available on board) to ride on the bike path that follows our route on the canal.
Day 6: Ranchot - Besancon
The morning will be spent cruising. In the afternoon, we'll set out by coach to Arc-et-Senans for a tour of the Saline Royale. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this royal factory, built between 1775 and 1779 in the shape of a semi-circle, was where salt workers traditionally lived and worked. Tonight is our gala evening.
Day 7: Besancon
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. End of our services.
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Drinks included in this price are water, wine, beer, fruit juices during the meal and coffee after both lunch and dinner for meals eaten on the ship
- Drinks from the bar, except for champagne or wines from our special list
- Double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- The excursions mentioned in the programme
- Welcome cocktail
- Assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess
- The gala dinner and evening
- All port fees.
- Drinks from our wine list or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Transfers to/from departure/arrival points
- Personal expenses.
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. Note prices usually display available discounted rates if any, (eg. Early Bird Deals if applicable). All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.