Let yourself be tempted by this charming cruise along two mythical rivers, the Rhone and the Rhine. From the France via Germany to Netherlands you will enjoy 11 unforgettable days. Discover Arles and Avignon, two UNESCO World Heritage cities willing to retell their history through pleasant walks or bike rides. Visit also Mainz with its cosmopolitan atmosphere.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Headsets are included for excursions
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Onboard activities
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Prepaid Classic Sightseeing package
- The combination of history, tradition and culture, a passionate encounter
- Visit the hidden treasures in France, Germany and Holland
- Historic sites, charming towns, the wonderful flavours of the products from the regions - so much pleasure to share during a cruise
- Arles and its vestiges of the Roman Empire
- Strasbourg, European capital
- The open-air museum in Arnhem
Day 1: Arles
Passengers are welcome to board the ship at 6 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, you will be introduced to the crew at a welcome cocktail. Dinner on board. In the evening, join us on an excursion proposed for both packages: Guided tour of Arles, a highly cultural town enriched with vestiges from the Roman Empire.
Day 2: Arles - Port Saint Louis - Martigues(2) - Arles
Join us for the excursions proposed: CLASSIC: Discover the Camargue. Visit a "manade" (bull breeding farm) and learn about how a manadier works with the animals. DISCOVERY: Discovery in jeeps through the Camargue for an original immersion in the wilderness. The afternoon will be spent cruising to Martigues. There will be some free time exploring the city on your own before setting off once again for Arles.
(2) Depending on mooring availability, the stopover in Martigues could be replaced by a stopover in Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhône.
Day 3: Arles - Viviers
Join us for the excursion proposed for both packages: Discover the Baux-de-Provence. This afternoon will be spent cruising to Viviers.
Day 4: Viviers - La Voulte - The Vercors Plateau - Train-L'Hermitage
This morning will be spent cruising to La Voulte. Join us on an excursion proposed for both packages: Discover the Vercors and taste the famous Clairette de Die*. The ship will cruise to Lyon.
Day 5: Lyon - Basel
Buffet breakfast on board before disembarking in Lyon and travelling by coach to Basel. Lunchon the journey. After comfortably settling into your cabins, you will be introduced to the crew at a welcome cocktail. Dinner on board.
Day 6: Breisach
This afternoon, join us for an excursion proposed for both packages: A guided tour of Colmar and the Unterlinden Museum.(3) Colmar is a colorful city bursting with Alsatian charm. We’ll spend time in the romantic Little Venice neighborhood before visiting the Unterlinden Museum. The museum exhibits span 7,000 years—from prehistoric times to modern art. The most regarded masterpiece in its collection is the polyptych by artists Niclaus of Haguenau and Grünewald. Dinner on board and an evening of entertainment.
(3) The museum is closed on Tuesdays. It will be replaced by a visit to the Hansi Museum instead.
Day 7: Breisach - Strasbourg
The morning will be spent cruising through the vineyards dotting the hills along the Vosges mountain range, the Black Forest, and the Alsatian plains. Excursion proposed for both packages: Boat tour of Strasbourg and a visit to its cathedral. Like many European cities, Strasbourg has a striking mix of architecture that includes a broad range of traditional structures next to bold modern designs. This evening there will be dancing in the lounge. The ship will cruise to Mainz.
Day 8: Mainz - Koblenz
Proposed excursion for both packages: Tour of Mainz and the Gutenberg Museum. This tour on foot will take you to the city’s magnificent cathedral. Then stroll down the picturesque streets of the Old City to the Gutenberg Museum. Afterwards, cruise through the romantic Rhine Valley and enjoy the amazing scenery as you travel to the legendary rock of the Lorelei. Dinner on board, then visit the city with the host or hostess.
Day 9: Koblenz - Cologne - Dusseldorf
Begin to cruise to Cologne, passing the cities of Andernach, Konigswinter, and Bonn. As the ship approaches Cologne, you’ll catch a glimpse of the Seven Hills (Siebengebirge), known for the myths and fairytales about its origins. We’ll arrive at the end of the morning. Join us on an excursion proposed for both packages: Guided tour of Cologne, the crossroads of Europe since the Middle Ages. We’ll see the immense, Gothic cathedral—the tallest twin-spire church in the world and the most visited landmark in Germany. Then head over to the Old Town to stroll the streets and pass in front of the famous Farina Fragrance Museum. Enjoy some free time before returning to the ship. You’ll be transferred to Düsseldorf by coach. Tonight there will be a festive gala evening on board.
Day 10: Dusseldorf - Xanten - Nijmegen
Join an excursion proposed for both packages: A visit to the Netherlands Open-Air Museum in Arnhem. This national museum focuses on the everyday life of Dutch people throughout the country’s history and includes old homes, farms, and factories from different regions. You can stroll through the attraction at your own pace or take the authentic trams. Return on board in Nijmegen and begin to cruise to Amsterdam. This evening dinner and an evening of entertainment on board.
Day 11: Amsterdam or surroundings(4)
One last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. End of our services.
(4) The Port of Amsterdam may unexpectedly decide to change the mooring places for cruise ships. In case of modification, an alternative will be set up as close as possible to the city of Amsterdam.
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Onboard drinks included (except for drinks from our special lists)
- Double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- Assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess
- Welcome cocktail
- Gala dinner
- Lunch on Day 5 (excluding drinks)
- Coach transfer from Lyon to Basel
- Onboard entertainment
- Travel assistance and reatriation insurance
- All port fees
- Prepaid classic sightseeing package
- Drinks from our special lists or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Optional excursions (must be reserved and paid for on board or at travel agency)
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Transfers/travel to and from departure/arrival points
- Personal expenses
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.