Croisi Canal Cruise: SXO_AIPP
From Strasbourg to Lagarde, embark on an authentic and traditional cruise in the heart of Alsace and Moselle. You will cruise on the Marne-Rhine Canal where you will discover a colorful heritage and monuments that reflect its history through exciting tours. Explore the Hops Trail, the Haut Barr and Lutzelbourg castles or the Chagall trail and be astonished by the richness of this captivating cruise.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Strasbourg, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- The Artzwiller Inclined Plane, an exceptional structure
- Bicycles available on board
- The lush region of Kochersberg
- The Haut-Barr Castle, the "eye of Alsace"
- Saverne, a small and particularly charming town
- The Lutzelbourg Castle
- Marc Chagall's unique stained glass window in Sarrebourg
- Tastings of local specialities
Day 1: Strasbourg
Passengers are welcome to board the ship at 6:00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, you will be introduced to the crew at a welcome cocktail. Tonight enjoy dinner followed by a panoramic boat tour of Strasbourg.
Day 2: Strasbourg - Waltenheim
We’ll spend the morning cruising. In the afternoon, join us for an excursion to the lush region of Kochersberg and a visit to the Maison du Kochersberg museum and the Villa Meteor.
Day 3: Waltenheim - Saverne
This morning will be spent cruising towards Saverne. Enjoy this bucolic journey passing the towns of Schwindratzheim, nestled on a hillside, and Hochfelden, a typical local village. During the morning, feel free to stroll or bike on the paved trails alongside the canal. In the afternoon, join us on a tour of the Château du Haut-Barr, nicknamed "The Eye of Alsace", where you will discover a splendid view over the Alsatian plains. In the evening, we’ll enjoy tarte flambée, a local specialty, at a restaurant.
Day 4: Saverne - Lutzelbourg
Set out on a guided tour of Saverne. Virtually unknown by the usual tourist routes, the city offers a wide range of places to discover. Return on board and cruise towards Lutzelbourg. The canal winds through the Vosges Mountains before joining the Lorraine region. Late in the afternoon, we suggest you to set off on foot to marvel at Lutzelbourg Castle.
Day 5: Lutzelbourg - Arzviller Inclined Plane - Xouaxange
We'll set off for an excursion to the Arzviller inclined plane. Along the way, we will stop at the Lehrer Crystal Glassworks near the inclined plane. We'll learn about this time-tested tradition, and watch crystal blowing and cutting demonstrations. Cruise to Xouaxange, travelling on the Artzviller inclined plane - an incredible experience. A fabulous structure, this transverse system boat "elevator” is one-of-a-kind in Europe. The inclined plane replaces 17 successive locks over 2.5 miles that once needed a full day to navigate. There will be a Candlelight lunch as you pass through the canal tunnels. Visit of the Chagall trail in Sarrebourg.
Day 6: Xouaxange - Lagarde
This morning will be spent cruising towards Lagarde. Tonight is our festive gala evening and dinner.
Day 7: Lagarde - Strasbourg(1)
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. Transfer by coach back to Strasbourg, arriving late in the morning. End of our services.
(1) Transfer on request at an additional charge
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Onboard drinks included (except for drinks from our special lists)
- Double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- The excursions mentioned on this program
- Welcome cocktail
- Gala Dinner and evening
- Assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees
- Transfer by coach from Lagarde to Strasbourg on Day 7
- Drinks from our special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Personal expenses
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.