Embark on a captivating 11-day journey, immersing yourself in the diverse cultural tapestry and breathtaking landscapes that define Morocco. Uncover the coastal allure of Essaouira, experience the dynamic cosmopolitan energy of Casablanca and bask in the imperial grandeur of Meknes. Traverse ancient Roman ruins in Volubilis, wander the labyrinthine streets of Fes, and delve into the vibrant essence of Marrakech with its iconic Jemaa El-Fna Square. Venture through the majestic Atlas Mountains to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ain Benhaddou and its famed Kasbah and experience the awe-inspiring vastness of the Sahara Desert. Revel in the richness and diversity of Morocco, all within the embrace of a relaxed pace that enhances the overall experience.
- Explore the coastal allure of Essaouira, a city steeped in history and seaside charm
- Uncover the charm of Casablanca and view one of its iconic landmarks, the Hassan II Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world
- Roam the ancient streets of Meknes, the Ismalia capital adorned with the country’s longest ramparts
- Discover the mesmerizing Roman ruins of Volubilis, echoing the tales of a bygone era
- Wander through the Medieval labyrinth of Fez, recognised as the spiritual and cultural capital of Morocco. Explore the ancient medina where traditional craftsmen practice their skills in the old Oriental tradition
- Experience the harmonious blend of past and present in Rabat
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant hues of Marrakech as you navigate through bustling souks and the iconic Jemaa El-Fna Square
- Traverse the Tizi N'Tichka pass to Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO world heritage kasbah that has served as a backdrop for numerous great movies
- Drive through the awe-inspiring Todra Gorge, celebrated for its towering canyons and escarpments, some reaching heights over 300 meters
- Embark on a thrilling 4WD adventure to the captivating Merzouga Dunes, where the desert landscape unfolds in all its mesmerizing glory
- Important Information
Day 1-Friday: Marrakech (D)
Welcome to Morocco. On arrival you will be met by a representative of our local operator and transferred to your hotel where your accommodation is reserved for one night with dinner and breakfast. Remainder of day at leisure.
Day 2-Saturday: Marrakech – Essaouira - El Jadida – Casablanca (BD)
Depart early for Essaouira, the historic Portuguese city formerly known as Mogador. Explore this city, once a haven for hippies and steeped in Portuguese history as a harbour town boasting the world's oldest preserved fortified port. Optional seafood lunch. In the afternoon, continue your journey to Casablanca, passing by the Atlantic road with stops in Oualidia and El Jadida. Take an orientation tour of El Jadida, originally built by the Portuguese and once called Mazagan, and possibly (time permitting) also visit the Portuguese Cistern. Conclude the day with dinner at overnight at your hotel in Casablanca.
Day 3-Sunday: Casablanca – Meknes – Fez (BD)
This morning uncover Casablanca’s hidden gems. This city gained even more fame following the release of the movie Casablanca, starring Humphry Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Visit the Habous district, the Royal Palace, Mohamed V Square, the residential area of Anfa and view the exterior of the great Hassan II Mosque. Journey onwards to Meknes, the Ismalia capital with the longest ramparts in Morocco (40km). Known as “the Moroccan Versailles,” Meknes was founded late in the 17th century and contains some of the world’s best examples of Maghreb Architecture. Optional lunch. Marvel at the beautifully preserved mosaic gate Bab Mansour, the Royal Stables and the Jewish Quarter then continue through the holy city of Moulay Driss and visit the Roman ruins of Volubilis, famed for their amazing preservation and stunning mosaic floors. Continue to Fez for dinner at your hotel and overnight.
Day 4-Monday: Fez (BD)
Discover Fez, the cultural and spiritual heart of Morocco. Visit the Royal Palace, Attarine or Bou Anania Medersa, the famous Nejjarine Fountain and the outside of Moulay Idriss mausoleum and Karaouine Mosque. Experience a typical lunch (optional) in a traditional restaurant located in the heart of the Medina where a program of renewal has seen a myriad of eateries take up residence amongst the medieval alleyways. From the traditional tagine to contemporary artisanal delicacies inspired by the local produce and many spices found in the medina, there is something for everyone. Continue with a trip back in time through the medieval Medina and its souks where you will see craftsmen breathing new life into their age-old methods. Return to your hotel for dinner – if you still have room!
Day 5-Tuesday: Fez – Rabat – Marrakech (BD)
This morning you will depart for Marrakech via Rabat, the Administrative Capital. In Rabat embark on an enchanting journey through the white imperial city. A delightful mix of past and present, this city was founded in the 12th century and contains many wondrous sites. Visit the Royal Palace (Mechouar), Mohamed V Mausoleum and Hassan Tower Mosque. Optional seafood lunch. Continue to Marrakesh arriving late afternoon. Dinner at your hotel, overnight Marrakech
Day 6-Wednesday: Marrakech (BL)
Explore the wonders of Marrakech, the second oldest imperial city in Morocco, known as “the Ochre City” and the “Pearl of the South,”. Your historical visit includes the Menara Gardens with its delightful pavilion that sits above a reflective pool, Saadian Tombs, Bahai Palace, Koutoubia and Dar Si Said Museum. After lunch at the hotel continue to explore Marrakech visiting the souks (markets) with their latticework of winding little streets, the handicraft quarters and the famous Djemaâ El Fna Square. This district, famed for its entertainment, features storytellers, snake charmers, fire-eaters and more. Optional: Dinner with show
Day 7-Thursday: Marrakech-Ait Benhaddou - Boumalne (BD)
This morning you will depart to Ait Benhaddou through Tizi N’tichka pass (altitude 2260m). Visit the famous Kasbah, a UNESCO world heritage site, that served as a backdrop for many great movies such as Laurence of Arabia, Troy, Gladiator, Games of thrones. Optional lunch. Continue to Boumalne, crossing Ouarzazate and Kalaa Mgouna. Dinner is included at your hotel this evening.
Day 8-Friday: Boumalne - Tinghir - Erfoud (BD)
Depart for Erfoud passing through the Magnificent Todra Canyons where rocks reach an attitude of 250m. Optional lunch in a local restaurant near the canyons. Continue to Erfoud and depart by 4WD to experience the spectacular Merzouga Dunes on the edge of the Sahara Desert. Return to your hotel in Erfoud for dinner and overnight.
- Camel Ride amidst Merzouga dunes for the sunrise. The sunrise begins early in the morning. It takes approximately half an hour to reach the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi on a camel. You will leave the camels to reach the highest dune of Merzouga.
- Overnight amidst Merzouga dunes in a luxury bivouac (includes transfers, dinner and camel ride). The Merzouga Dunes are an impressive drifting chain of sand dunes that can reach 160m and seem to have escaped from the much larger dune field across the nearby border in Algeria. The Erg Dunes are a magical landscape and offer a scene of constant change as sunlight transforms them from pink to gold to red. Tonight experience a dinner and night under the stars.
Day 9-Saturday: Erfoud - Tinghir - Ouarzazate (BD)
This morning, journey through Tinjdad oasis and traverse the Dades Valley en-route to Tinghir. Optional lunch in Tinghir before proceeding along the road of the 1000 Kasbahs, passing through Kalaat M’Gouna and Skoura valley on the way to Ouarzazate. Upon arrival, embark on a short orientation tour. Dinner and overnight at your hotel
Day 10-Sunday: Ouarzazate – Marrakech (BD)
Depart this morning via the Tizi N’tichka pass for Marrakech. Optional lunch at a restaurant en-route. Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Marrakech
Day 11-Monday: Marrakech (B)
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
- Airport meet and assist and return airport transfers on Day 1 & Day 11
- 24/7 local support network
- 10 nights accommodation in your choice of tourist class, first class or superior first class accommodation with private facilities, half board basis
- Meals as specified in itinerary – breakfast daily, 9 dinners, 1 lunch
- Modern air-conditioned touring vehicle
- Bilingual professional tour escort and local guides where required
- Sightseeing and visits as specified in itinerary
- Entrance fees to monuments as per the itinerary
- Porterage at all hotels
- VAT taxes
- Morocco Travel Notes - issued by Innovative Travel
- International airfares
- Optional Meals as specified in itinerary (full board supplement available)
- Optional tours and excursions
- Tipping/Gratuities (please refer to tour notes for a recommended guideline)
- Personal Expenses
- Departure taxes
- Hotel charges for minibar or any extra charges
- Visas (unless specified)
- Full Board Supplement: includes optional meals mentioned in itinerary - 7 lunches, 1 dinner with show in Marrakech: $350 per person
- Camel excursion in Merzouga: $50
- Overnight Merzouga in a luxury bivouac (includes transfers, camel ride, dinner and breakfast) - price on application
Accommodation based on the below or similar
The hotels listed in the itinerary may vary due to tour scheduling. Your final itinerary will contain full details of any changes
First Class: Palm Plaza Hotel & Spa | Imperial Holiday Hotel & Spa
Superior First Class: Kenzi Rose Garden Hotel | Jaal Riad Resort
First Class: Movenpick Casablanca | Hotel Mogador Marina
Superior First Class: Kenzi Tower Hotel | Grand Mogador City Centre
First Class: Zalagh Parc Palace | Hotel Les Merinides
Superior First Class: Fes Heritage Boutique Hotel | Palais Medina Riad Resort
First Class: Hotel Xaluca Dades | Kasbah Tizzarouine
Superior First Class: Hotel Xaluca Dades
First Class: Kasbah Hotel Xaluca Arfoud | Palais du Desert & Spa
Superior First Class: Kasbah Hotel Xaluca Arfoud
First Class: Hotel Riad Ksar Ighnda | Riad Dar Chamaa
Superior First Class: Hotel Riad Ksar Ighnda
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. All featured tour itineraries and offers may be subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.