Private Tour8 Days ex Tunis
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Ichkeul, Thugga, Kairouan, El Jem, Sousse Medina and Kerkouene
- Visit the STAR WARS Sites at Nefta and Sidi Driss
- Panoramic Tour of Douz, known as the "gateway to the Sahara" with an Optional Camel ride on the White Sand Dunes
Day 1: Tunis (D)
Welcome to Tunis. On arrival you will be met by a representative of our local operator and welcomed by your local Guide. Embark on a tour of Carthage, capital symbol of ancient Tunisia and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the Punic and Roman vestiges including Antonio's Thermal Baths, Roman villas, Amphitheatre, archaeological museum, and its park extending from the hill of Byrsa to the seashore. Explore the old Tunis Medina (UNESCO World Heritage Site), a sprawling maze of ancient streets and alleyways, a labyrinth of one thousand and one treasures. Check-in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight Tunis.
Day 2: Tunis - Ichkeul Park - Dougga - Kairouan (BD)
Start your day early and head to Ichkeul National Park (UNESCO World Heritage), located approx. 100ms west of Tunis. This wetland reserve is known for its diverse birdlife and beautiful landscapes. In the afternoon visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Thugga (Dougga), an ancient Roman city with magnificent well-preserved ruins. Explore the impressive amphitheatre, temples, baths and the House of Trifolium. Continue to Kairouan. Dinner and overnight Kairouan.
Day 3: Kairouan - Tozeur (BD)
Today discover Kairouan, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the fourth holiest city of Islam in the world. Admire the Great Mosque of Kairouan-one of the finest Islamic buildings in North Africa, the Mosque, barbar mausoleum and the Aghlabites pools. Wander the old Medina's labyrinth of narrow streets, lined with shops selling textiles, carpets, and ceramics. Visit the Raqqada Islamic civilization museum. In the afternoon depart for Tozeur. Dinner and overnight Tozeur.
Day 4: Tozeur (BD)
Day 5: Tozeur - Douz - Matmata - Sfax (or El Jem) (BLD)
This morning depart for Dour, known as the "Gateway of the Sahara", stopping enroute for photos of Chott El Jerid, the largest salt pan in the Sahara Desert, covering around 5,000 sq. km. Experience the atmosphere of Douz on a panoramic tour with the option to take a camel ride on the white sand dunes (not included). Continue to Matmata, a unique Berber village famous for its underground homes. Visit Sidi Driss, the site of the filming of Star Wars 1. Have a typical lunch at the Sidi Driss Cave Hotel then depart for Sfax (or El Jem). Dinner and overnight Sfax (or El Jem).
Day 6: Sfax (or El Jem) - Sousse (or Hammamet or Nabeul) (BD)
Day 7: Sousse (Hammamet or Nabeul) - Kerkouene - Tunis (BD)
This morning visit the Fort of Hammamet, the legion's old barracks and Nabeul, famous for its pottery. Depart for the UNESCO World Heritage site of Kerkouene, an intact portrayal of a small city from the 3rd century B.C. that was probably occupied by the Punics from the 6th century onwards. Travel on to Tunis. Dinner and overnight in Tunis.
Day 8: Tunis (B)
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary (or similar) on half board basis (Dinner and breakfast)
- Private transportation and transfers in airconditioned vehicle with mineral water on board
- Transport by Jeep for the tour to Star Wars site in Nefta, Cehbika and Tamerza
- Services of professional English speaking guide for 7 days
- Entrance fees to relevant sites mentioned in itinerary
- Typical Lunch on Day 5 in Matamata at cave dwelling Hotel
- Travel Notes - as issued by Innovative Travel
- International airfares
- Optional tour by carriage in Tozeur / Optional camel ride in Douz
- Any additional optional tours and excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Lunches (only lunch on Day 5 is included)
- Drinks during meals
- Port Taxes and fuel surcharges
- Personal Expenses
- Departure taxes
- Hotel charges for minibar or any extra charges
- Visas (unless specified)
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the inclusions above
Accommodation based on the below or similar
Ksar Rouge Hotel / El Moudradi Tozeur Hotel / Ras El Ain Hotel
Sfax (or El Jem)
Sousse (Or Hammamet or Nabeul)
Sentido Belle Vue Park Hotel / Jazz Tour Khalef Hotel / Iberostar Diar El Andalous Hotel / Sousse Palace / Marrio The Pearl
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.