Join CroisiEurope for an art and culture-filled cruise on the Seine River. Visit celebrated museums, including the Musée Marmottan Monet, as well as the lovely home of Claude Monet and his supreme gardens in Giverny. Enjoy thematic tours of cities and villages that were part of the French Impressionist movement, such as Barbizon, Rouen, and Honfleur.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Headsets are included for excursions
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Onboard activities
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- EXCURSIONS INCLUDED
Visits to legendary artistic sites and places that inspired masterpieces:
- The charming village of Barbizon
- The Marmottan Museum in Paris
- The house of Claude Monet in Giverny
- The Fine Arts Museum and the cathedral in Rouen
- the Norman Abbey Circuit
- Honfleur and the Côte d'Albâtre
Day 1: Paris
Passengers are welcome to board our ship at 6:00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabin, you will be introduced to the crew at a welcome cocktail. Join the lecture entitled: "The Definition of Impressionism, its Origins, Techniques, and Contexts”.
Day 2: Melun - Barbizon, legendary site of an entire art movement
Spend the morning cruising to Melun. This afternoon, join a guided tour of Barbizon. This charming village found fame in the 19th century through the works of art created by landscape painters who were members of the Barbizon School art movement. The Auberge Ganne, where the artists once lived, is now a museum. This evening dinner and an evening of entertainment on board.
Day 3: Melun - Paris, plunge into the works of Claude Monet
Spend the morning cruising. In the afternoon, visit to the Musée Marmottan Monet(1), which houses the largest collection of his paintings. After returning on board, begin to cruise to Mantes-la-Jolie. Join a second onboard lecture entitled Claude Monet, the Quintessential Impressionist.
(1) The museum is closed on Mondays, it will be replaced by the Musee de l'Orangerie
Day 4: Mantes-La-Jolie - Giverny, Claude Monet's home and studio - Rouen
Join a tour of Monet’s home and studio in Giverny. Spend the afternoon cruising to Rouen. This evening there will be a cabaret-style evening of entertainment on board.
Day 5: Rouen, following the footsteps of the Impressionists – The Norman Abbey Circuit
Set out on a guided tour of Rouen(2) this morning by following the footsteps of the Impressionists. The afternoon will be dedicated to a guided tour of the Norman Abbey Circuit. Discover Jumiège and the ruins of one of the most magnificent abbeys in France, as well as the Church of Saint Peter and the Abbey of Saint Wandrille. The ship will cast off for Honfleur (departure time will depend on the tides). Join for a lecture entitled The Geography of Impressionism: Paris and its Suburbs, Honfleur, and the Coastlines of Normandy.
(2) The Fine Arts Museum is closed on Tuesdays and during holiday, it will be replaced by the Eugène Boudin Museum in Honfleur on Day 6.
Day 6: Honfleur - Etretat, the Cote d'Albatre
Set out on a walking tour of Honfleur, the cradle of Impressionism. There will be some free time on your own to explore the Eugène Boudin Museum (entry not included). This afternoon, visit the Côte d'Albâtre, with its magnificent white cliffs lined with pebble beaches and the small seaside city of Étretat.
Day 7: Honfleur
Enjoy breakfast on board this morning before disembarking at 9:00 a.m.
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Onboard drinks included (except for drinks from the special lists)
- Double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- Assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess
- Welcome cocktail
- Gala dinner
- Onboard lectures
- Thematic Visits
- Visits mentioned in the program
- Cabaret-style evening
- Onboard entertainment
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees
- Drinks from thje special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Entry to the Boudin Museum in Honfleur
- Transfers/travel to and from departure/arrival points
- Personal expenses
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.