History and authenticity will be on the program throughout your cruise on the Rhone. You will discover cities with rich historical and cultural pasts such as Lyon with its famous 'traboules' - secret passages. Visit the Cluny Abbey, which has had an exceptional political, artistic and religious influence on Europe, then admire the castle of Tournon which stands upright on its majestic rock in the heart of the town and houses a museum labeled "Museum of France" since 1927.
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Headsets are included for excursions
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Onboard activities
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Prepaid Classic Sightseeing package
- Extensive discovery of the region and its terroir
- This cruise exists with a biking-adapted program, ref LSR_BIK
- Optional excursions:
- Tastings of local specialties in Tournon
- Lyon and its peculiar "traboules"
- The highly spiritual Cluny Abbey
- Visit to a local olive oil producer's in Arles
- Safari in jeeps through the wild Camargue
- Avignon and the Papal Palace with its private apartments
Day 1: Lyon
Passengers are welcome to board our ship in Lyon at 6:00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we'll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail. Dinner tonight will be followed by an evening of entertainment.
Day 2: Lyon - Macon
Join us for the excursions proposed: CLASSIC: Guided tour of Lyon where you'll discover its famous "traboules", types of passageways that are typical of the city. DISCOVERY: Food tour of Lyon. We'll return on board and spend the afternoon cruising to Mâcon. Enjoy dinner and an evening of dancing.
Day 3: Macon - Vienne
Join us for the excursion for both packages: Visit the Abbey ruins in Cluny. We'll return on board and spend the afternoon cruising to Vienne. Enjoy an evening of entertainment. We'll reach Vienne later this evening.
Day 4: Vienne
Join us a guided tour for both packages of this charming "Gallo-Roman” city known for its art and history. We'll return on board and spend the afternoon cruising to Avignon. Enjoy dinner and an evening of entertainment.
Day 5: Avignon - Arles - The Camargue
Join us on an excursion for both packages: Guided tour of Avignon and the Papal Palace. Cruise to Arles. This afternoon join the excursions proposed: CLASSIC: Discover the Camargue. We'll visit a "manade" (bull breeding farm) and learn about how a manadier works with the animals. DISCOVERY: Safari in jeeps through the Camargue for an original immersion in the wilderness. We'll return on board for dinner and an evening of traditional Provençal entertainment.
Day 6: Arles - Viviers
Join us on an excursion for both packages: Visit of Arles and a local olive oil producer's. We'll return on board and spend the afternoon cruising to Viviers. Join us on an excursion for both packages: Guided tour of Viviers.
Day 7: Viviers - Tournon
This morning will be spent cruising to Tournon. Join us on an excursion for both packages: Guided tour of Tournon. We'll visit the imposing Castle-Museum of Tournon-sur-Rhône followed by a tasting of local wines* and regional delicacies. We'll then return on board. Tonight's our gala dinner and evening. Our ship will cruise towards Lyon during the night.
Day 8: Lyon
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. End of our services.
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Onboard drinks included (except for drinks from our special lists)
- Double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- Assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess
- Welcome cocktail
- Gala dinner
- Onboard entertainment
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees
- Prepaid classic sightseeing package
- Drinks from our special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Transfers/travel to and from departure/arrival points
- Optional excursions (must be reserved and paid for on board or at travel agency)
- Personal expenses
Trip prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however all offers are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. Note prices usually display available discounted rates if any, (eg. Early Bird Deals if applicable). All featured tour itineraries and offers maybe subject to change due to seasonal variations without notice, or due to local conditions or other conditions. Please confirm all details at time of booking. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Innovative Travel bookings. All passports must be valid for 6 months prior to your return to your home country. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Special VIP meet and assist offers are valid for New Zealand passport holders, for other nationalities please check at the time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.