Duration: 7 DaysExperience a world of natural phenomena; by day marvel at waterfalls, volcanoes and incredible landscapes and by night, seek out the dancing lights that fill cloudless skies.
Scenic Iceland & the Northern Lights (Winter 2019 2020)
The Viking City of Reykjavík.
Welcome to Iceland. At Reykjavík's Keflavík Airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel. Join your Travel Director and travelling companions at 18:15 for your Welcome Dinner and enjoy the opportunity to get to know each other over a pleasant evening of good food and wine. Afterwards, search for the most spectacular show on earth - the Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis. See the breathtaking night sky filled with an array of different colours. Please note: The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore sightings cannot be guaranteed.(Dinner with Wine)
South Shore Adventure to Vík.
Take a journey through the stunning landscape of Iceland's south coast to visit its newest geothermal heat and electric power station at Hellisheiðavirkjun. Travel to the modern Lava Centre in Hvolsvöllur. Opened in 2017, it is dedicated to Iceland's riveting volcanic activity and earthquakes. Your journey continues as you witness the majesty of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss. Stand awestruck by the beauty and powerful force of these thundering waterfalls before venturing on to view more phenomena. After seeing the magnificent Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull volcanoes, arrive in the welcoming communtiy of Vík. Later, perhaps enjoy another chance to go in search of the mystical Northern Lights?(Breakfast / Dinner)
The Golden Circle to Flúðir.
Embark on a day of discovery around Iceland's Golden Circle, taking in some of the famous landmarks this magical country has to offer. In Fontana, visit a geothermal bakery to sample the delicious rye bread, dug hot from the ground and served with butter. Experience the exploding hot springs at Geysir and the mighty Gullfoss waterfalls, the Icelandic equivalent of Niagara Falls. Next stop is Friðheimar, to find out about the processes in Icelandic greenhouse horticulture. Visit a family-run vegetable farm that specialises in tomatoes. Explore their greenhouses and sample the sweet, unique flavour of their lovingly-grown crop. Continue to your hotel in Flúðir, where there is again a chance to look to the night sky and watch nature's theatre unfold.(Breakfast / Dinner)
Thingvellir, Borgarnes and Húsafell.
Continue to Thingvellir, a remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site that lies on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge line, where the American and European tectonic plates meet. The first meeting of the Icelandic parliament was held here in A.D. 930. In Borgarnes, learn about Iceland's history with a fascinating visit to the Icelandic Settlement Centre. Your travels continue to Deildartunguhver, Europe's most powerful hot spring. Journey along the trail of Viking warrior and poet Egill Skallagrímsson and stop at Reykholt for an orientation with your Travel Director. Enjoy views of the Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls as you drive through glorious landscapes.(Breakfast / Dinner)
Journey back to the capital of Reykjavík, where sightseeing shows you Old Reykjavík, the 19th century parliament building and Höfði House. In 1986, US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev met here for the famous Reykjavík Summit. Continue to see the colourful harbour and the modern, landmark church, the Hallgrímskirkja, which can be seen from almost anywhere in the city. The afternoon is at leisure.(Breakfast)
The Blue Lagoon.
Relax and enjoy your final day with a visit to Reykjavík's Blue Lagoon. Surrounded by lava fields and snow-capped mountains, the Lagoon is a wonder of nature and offers a unique experience for both body and soul. Choose to bathe in the pleasantly warm, mineral-rich geothermal waters, or perhaps enjoy a water massage or spa treatment? Facilities also include an outdoor geothermal pool, sauna, a winter garden and restaurants. With your newfound friends, toast the culmination of your fascinating journey of discovery with a celebratory cocktail. The rest of the day is free, perhaps spend time relaxing in a sidewalk cafe?(Breakfast)
Your Icelandic adventure comes to an end, with a transfer to Reykjav��k's Keflavík Airport.(Breakfast)
- Fontana: At a geothermal bakery, sample delicious rye bread dug hot from the ground, served with butter.
- Friðheimar: Explore a family-run farm and sample their sweet-tasting, homegrown tomatoes.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 3 Dinners (D) and 1 Dinner with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling over New Year’s Eve and will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Borganes: Learn about Iceland’s history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Centre with your Local Expert.
- Reykjavík: Witness nature's most spectacular show on earth - the Northern Lights.
- Hellisheiðavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Hvolsvöllur: Visit the Lava Centre, an interactive museum where you will learn about the geology and natural occurrences that have influenced and created Iceland's incredible landscapes.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull: See these magnificent volcanoes.
- Gullfoss: See the spectacular two-tiered waterfall. This Icelandic equivalent of Niagara Falls drops a total of 32 metres, while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site of the country, as its the meeting place of the Althing, the world’s oldest parliament founded in A.D. 930.
- Reykholt: Stop at this pretty village, home of poet and medieval scholar Snorri Sturluson.
- Reykjavík: Explore the city with your Local Expert. See the old town centre, the parliament building, Höfði House, the colourful harbour and the Hallgrímskirkja.
- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a truly indulgent, once-in-a-lifetime experience at the most visited attraction in Iceland. Its geothermal seawater flows from volcanic aquifers 2,000 metres within the earth, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica, and minerals. With new-found friends, enjoy bathing in the lagoon in style, as you sip on a celebratory cocktail.
Start Date: 2019-12-29
End Date: 2020-01-04
Adult Price: $5895
Child Price: $5355
Adult Price: $6995
Start Date: 2020-01-12
End Date: 2020-01-18
Adult Price: $5450
Child Price: $4910
Adult Price: $6400
Start Date: 2020-02-16
End Date: 2020-02-22
Adult Price: $5495
Child Price: $4955
Adult Price: $6615
Start Date: 2020-03-22
End Date: 2020-03-28
Adult Price: $5495
Child Price: $4955
Adult Price: $6615