Duration: 8 DaysA quintessential Indian journey, this majestic itinerary showcases the rich heritage of India’s bustling cities, renowned temples and exotic jungles. Marvel at the beauty of the Taj Mahal with its ethereal hues, search for the elusive Bengal tiger on former royal hunting grounds and stroll through a traditional spice market in Jaipur. Allow your Travelling Concierge to show you India at its finest.
Essence of India with Ranthambore end Delhi (Summer 2019)
Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.
Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you are greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your modern five-star hotel. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.(Dinner with Wine)
Start the day with a cycle rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, including the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk market. Explore India's largest mosque, the magnificent Jama Masjid, built by Shah Jahan in 1650. Drive past the impressive Red Fort, then visit the Mahatma Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat. Visit Qutub Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House. Wander the wide boulevards of New Delhi and visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun, one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments in Delhi.(Breakfast)
An Agra Adventure.
On arrival to Agra, witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life en route to Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone. Enjoy a walk through the local market, explore the palatial Royal Pavilions and Gardens, with free time to relax. Stay in and enjoy your hotel's invigorating facilities or head on a Mughal heritage walk, where you’ll get to meet locals and learn more about their life and the history of the area in the shadow of the Taj Mahal.(Breakfast)
The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.
Admire the lustrous Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn. Later journey to the historic city of Bharatpur and stop for lunch, before continuing to the station for your rail journey upon the Express Train, in air-conditioned chair class seats, to Ranthambore. On arrival, transfer to your luxurious hotel, built in the style of a traditional Rajput hunting palace, nestled in the foothills of the Aravalli Range, near the Ranthambore National Park.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.
Start with an early morning journey into the former private hunting grounds of the maharajahs of Jaipur, in search of the elusive tiger. More commonly seen in the dry, deciduous forest are the wild boars, monkeys, spotted deer and antelopes, but if you are ever going to witness tigers in their natural habitat, this is the place. Return to your resort for breakfast and a day at leisure. At dusk, enjoy another foray into the national park with an expert naturalist. Besides the wildlife, there are also lake palaces, traditional Chhatri, old fortifications and a majestic 1,000-year-old fort within the park.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Jaipur, the Pink City.
In the morning, embark on another exciting adventure to explore the territory of the majestic tiger - every wildlife enthusiast and photographer's dream. After lunch, travel through the rural countryside where flat, green fields are abundant with brightly coloured flowers. Your destination is the stunning Rajasthan capital of Jaipur. Visit the famous flower market where girls delicately thread garlands to be used for offerings, then explore the spice market, a place of olfactory wonderment. See the rainbow of colours as you pass giant bags of cardamom, red chillies, cinnamon and so many more. Continue to 1135 AD restaurant for a delicious freshly-prepared Highlight Dinner.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Enjoy a unique excursion, as you ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, a superb example of Rajput architecture, with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake below. Inside, the royal halls are decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors and glass, complemented by exquisite wall paintings. Enjoy a sacred blessing ceremony inside the fort. Return to Jaipur to see the famous Hawa Mahal, also known as The Palace of Winds, and visit the famous Jantar Mantar, the observatory, constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II. In the evening, you are privileged to an exclusive visit of the City Palace, now a museum housing a fabulous collection of Rajasthani and Mughal Art. Venture to Baradari Restaurant at the City Palace for your Celebration Dinner, an evening to remember.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Your trip draws to a close after breakfast. A departure transfer will arrive at Delhi Airport at 17:00, please do not schedule flights before 21:00. This transfer will continue on to your chosen extra night hotel, for those departing from Delhi. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.(Breakfast)
- Delhi: Your Travelling Concierge will accompany you to a local restaurant where you can get to know your fellow travelling companions over a tasty Welcome Dinner.
- Delhi: Enjoy a taste of jalebi, the favourite sweet and learn about its production from the one of the best candy wallahs in Old Delhi.
- Jaipur: Arrive at the local restaurant, 1135 AD, where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: Savour a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine at the fantastic Baradari Restaurant in the City Palace.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW). Festive Highlight Dinner: 21 Dec departure includes a Christmas Eve Highlight Dinner in Ranthambore.
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu New Year. Refer to dates and date chart notes to find out which departures travel during these wonderful, cultural experiences.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Delhi: Led by your Travelling Concierge, explore the impressive Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque.
- Agra: Inside Agra’s red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Take a walk through the bustling local markets.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Agra: Enjoy a ride on the express train from Bhraratpur to Ranthambore.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy three game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: During a city tour with your Travelling Concierge see the Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds and visit the Jantar Mantar, the Royal observatory built in 1726.
- Jaipur: In the evening you are privileged to an exclusive visit to the City Palace Museum housing traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art.
- Agra: The Trident is the perfect base to experience this city steeped in history. The hotel features tastefully appointed rooms which overlook the central courtyard and gardens and offers a superb range of facilities.
- Ranthambore: Situated on the foothills of the spectacular Aravalli Range and walking distance from the famous Ranthambore National Park, the Nahargarh Ranthambhore boasts a sprawling Mughal-style garden and three outdoor swimming pools.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
Start Date: 2020-02-01
End Date: 2020-02-08
Adult Price: $4250
Child Price: $4250
Adult Price: $5740