Duration: 13 DaysTake a journey into the past, with our show case of the grandest and most opulent cities of old Europe. From Prague to Budapest, marvel at the spirit of former empires and regal grandeur. We’ll show you destinations with histories dating back hundreds of years and iconic cities that have seen destruction, only to resiliently build themselves back up again to their former glories. Europe’s Bohemian capitals delight with classical music, exquisite palaces and cathedrals, and rich heritage. Walk in the footsteps of six-year-old Mozart at an after-hours visit to the baroque Schönbrunn Palace, indulge with dinner at one of Vienna’s amazing Michelin-starred restaurants, and enjoy a private sparkling wine cruise on the glittering River Danube. Along the way, you’ll witness a private recital of Chopin's classic works, taste fine wines and stay in stately hotels. Step into a world of greatness, as you uncover some of Europe’s most revered capitals. On Chairman's Collection departures, join Princess Anita von Hohenberg for a private reception at Artstetten Castle. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman’s Collection.
Harmony of Central Europe – Summer 2020
Welcome to Prague.
On arrival at Prague's Václav Havel Airport, you will be met and transferred to your luxury hotel. At 18:00 join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for drinks, followed by a Welcome Dinner at Bastion Restaurant, famous for its world-class views, cuisine and service.(Dinner with Wine)
The City of a Hundred Spires.
Join a Local Expert in the atmospheric courtyards of Prague Castle. Visit St. Vitus Cathedral, bathed in a lustrous patina of stained glass, before strolling on to the Astronomical Clock in the Old Town Square. In the afternoon, there is an option to join an included visit to Prague’s Jewish Quarter.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Prague to Český Krumlov.
A scenic drive through Bohemia brings you to Český Krumlov. Walk through the tangled cobblestone streets and meet your Local Expert to visit the famous castle, one of the most important historic sites in Central Europe. Spend the rest of the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps heading back to your hotel for an indulgent treat at the wellness spa?(Breakfast)
Melk Abbey and the Imperial Capital of Vienna.
Travel over the Austrian border, past the city of Linz straddling the Danube river, to Melk, for a guided walk of its famous abbey. Continue past the Wachau Valley, where the Danube meanders below forested cliffs and rolling vineyards. Arrive in Vienna, where the doors of the magniﬁcent Schönbrunn Palace open to you for a VIP after-hours exclusive visit. Chairman's CollectionIf you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, you will be privileged to a private reception with Princess Anita von Hohenberg, a descendant of the famous Habsburgs, at Artstetten Castle. This incredible experience will replace visiting Melk Abbey.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Vienna Your Way.
Experience Vienna Your Way with a choice of how you embrace this stately city. Learn about Vienna's regal history as you visit the Imperial Treasury of Vienna with a Local Expert, home to two imperial crowns, the Burgundian treasure and the treasure of the Order of the Golden Fleece. Alternatively, you may choose to learn about Viennese cafe culture over coffee and cake. Later, enjoy a highlight evening of sparkling wine and front-row seats at a Mozart and Strauss concert, followed by dinner at Le Ciel, one of Vienna’s amazing Michelin-starred restaurants.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Bratislava and Budapest, Grand Dames on the Danube.
Cross the border to reach the Slovakian capital of Bratislava. Explore the city, dominated by its imposing 9th century castle, with your Local Expert. Enjoy free time to take a leisurely walk through the Old Town to the Maximillian Fountain, before continuing to Hungary and the grand metropolis of Budapest. In the evening, dine at elegant Gundel, Hungary's most renowned restaurant, and sample local dishes and wine with a backdrop of traditional folk music. Continue your delightful evening as you step onboard a private cruise for a voyage along the Danube complete with sparkling wine.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
The Jewel Box of Budapest.
Explore through the medieval Castle District to visit the Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church. Return to Pest to wander along elegant boulevards with your Local Expert and see the Hungarian State Opera House, one of the most beautiful neo-Renaissance buildings in Europe. At the First Strudel House of Pest, admire how dough-stretching artisans work paper-thin crusts into delicious pastries and sample the local specialty. Your evening is at leisure.(Breakfast / Afternoon Tea)
In the morning, travel past the Roman remains of Aquincum to storybook Szentendre. Spend time exploring this riverside village with enchanting, brightly coloured houses, quaint churches, art galleries, and lovely squares. Return to Budapest and enjoy the afternoon at your leisure. Perhaps stroll along the majestic River Danube or browse the Central Market Hall for traditional crafts and fare?(Breakfast)
The Low Tatra and Kraków.
Enjoy a gentle drive into Slovakia, through the small villages of the Low Tatras, characterised by austere wooden churches and traditional folk houses. Continue past the Oravský Hrad to Kraków, a city full of architectural wonder and legend. In the evening, you’re invited to choose between a selection of local restaurants and authentic menus for a Your Choice Evening.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Join your Local Expert and cross the former Jewish Quarter to see locations used in the ﬁlm ‘Schindler's List.' You'll then ascend Wawel Hill to visit the cathedral, the ﬁnal resting place of the Kings of Poland. Enjoy the evening at your leisure, perhaps heading out for a traditional hunter’s stew? Your Travelling Concierge knows the best restaurants and can assist you with reservations.(Breakfast)
Auschwitz and The Black Madonna.
There will be time to pay your respects at the Auschwitz memorial. Walk beneath the infamous gateway to the museums housed in the former prison blocks. Your journey continues north to the Monastery of Jasna Góra in Częstochowa, famous for its Black Madonna, said to have been painted by St. Luke. Continue across the plains to Warsaw with its jumble of restored Gothic and communist architecture, tumultuous history and vibrant cafe culture. On arrival, your Travelling Concierge will check you into your luxury hotel, situated on the famous Royal Route. With the evening at leisure, perhaps enjoy a candle-lit dinner at your hotel or explore the nearby Old Town?(Breakfast / Lunch)
Chopin and Warsaw.
Join your Local Expert for an in-depth look at Warsaw. Visit the Chopin Monument and the Memorial of the Heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto. Explore the Old Town, a miracle of reconstruction, conservation and home to the Royal Castle. The afternoon is at your leisure. Perhaps head back to your hotel for afternoon tea or treat yourself to a massage at the spa? In the evening, witness an exclusive, private Chopin recital performed by a renowned pianist, followed by a finale Celebration Dinner. Raise a glass of local wine, as you toast to new memories and friendships, and savour traditional dishes.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to Warsaw airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast)
- Prague: Enjoy beautiful views of this historic city as you sit down to your Welcome Dinner at Bastion Restaurant, known for it's delectable cuisine and excellent service.
- Český Krumlov: Enjoy a night of dinner and wine in a cosy atmosphere at a local restaurant.
- Wachau Valley: Stop to taste the refreshing wines made from the local Grüner Veltliner and Riesling grapes.
- Vienna: You will be treated to an incredible meal, accompanied with wine, at Le Ciel, one of Vienna’s amazing Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Budapest: Dine on traditional Hungarian delicacies at elegant Gundel, one of Budapest’s most renowned restaurants for over a hundred years. In elegant surroundings, savour hearty, Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially-selected wines as you listen to the pleasant melodies of a string ensemble.
- Budapest: Savour a selection of Hungarian delicacies at the First Strudel House in Pest, with dough stretching artisans turning out paper thin pastries for dessert.
- Kraków: Choose between a selection of local restaurants and authentic menus for Your Choice Evening.
- Poland: Delight in the convenience of a delicious homemade picnic lunch, of lovingly-created, local treats, ready for you to enjoy at your leisure.
- Warsaw: Celebrate the culmination of your journey with a fine selection of local dishes and wine at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Prague: Visit Prague Castle and St. Vitus’ Cathedral with a Local Expert.
- Prague: In Old Town Square see the Astronomical Clock that delights onlookers every hour.
- Prague: There is the option to wander the Jewish Quarter with your Travelling Concierge, should you wish to continue exploring in the afternoon.
- Český Krumlov: Meet a Local Expert and visit one of the most historic sites of Central Europe, Český Krumlov Castle.
- Český Krumlov: Your Travelling Concierge will lead you on an orientation of the city.
- Melk: Enjoy a guided walk through the baroque opulence of the monastery.
- Vienna: Become familiar with this historic city during an orientation led by your Travelling Concierge.
- Vienna: Experience an evening with sparkling wine and front row seats at a Mozart and Strauss concert.
- Bratislava: Explore the city with your Local Expert and see the 9th century castle.
- Budapest: With a Local Expert, see Matthias Church and gaze out over the Danube to the Hungarian Parliament Building from the Fisherman’s Bastion.
- Budapest: Atop Gellért Hill see the citadel and the colossus Liberty Statue presiding over the city.
- Budapest: During sightseeing with your Local Expert, you will be chauffeured along elegant boulevards to see the Hungarian State Opera House, one of the most beautiful neo-Renaissance buildings in Europe.
- Budapest: Step onboard a private cruise for an unforgettable voyage along the Danube. Enjoy sparkling wine and overlook the city’s grandest buildings lit up at night.
- Szentendre: Visit this storybook town to admire its brightly-coloured houses, quaint churches and lovely squares.
- Slovakia: See the Oravský Hrad Castle en route to Kraków.
- Kraków: During sightseeing led by your Local Expert, see locations used in the film ‘Schindler’s List.’
- Kraków: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill, see the castle and look for the iconic dragon, accompanied by your Local Expert.
- Kraków: Visit the 14th century St. Mary’s Basilica, the most important church in the city.
- Auschwitz: Pay your respects at the Auschwitz memorial and walk beneath the infamous gateway to the museums housed in the former prison blocks.
- Częstochowa: View the Black Madonna at the Monastery of Jasna Góra.
- Warsaw: Visit the Chopin Monument and Memorial of the Heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto, as you explore with your Local Expert.
- Warsaw: Begin your evening in style as you experience an exclusive, private Chopin recital.
- Prague: The luxurious Le Palais Art Hotel in Prague boasts beautifully designed rooms combining first-rate design, top-quality materials and state-of-the-art features for a harmonious stay.
- Warsaw: Situated in the heart of Warsaw, the Hotel Bristol enchants with majestic neo-renaissance facade and romantic interiors, filled with art deco elegance. The exquisite guest rooms reflect an engaging mix of comfort and discreet elegance defined by subtle soothing colours, state-of-the-art technology, majestic high ceilings and charming views.
- Vienna: Indulge your senses during a special VIP, after-hours visit to the magniﬁcent Schönbrunn Palace. With a Local Expert, stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
Start Date: 2020-06-16
End Date: 2020-06-28
Adult Price: $8795
Child Price: $8025
Adult Price: $8675
Child Price: $7905
Adult Price: $11265
Start Date: 2020-07-07
End Date: 2020-07-19
Adult Price: $7395
Child Price: $6625
Adult Price: $7275
Child Price: $6505
Adult Price: $9685
Start Date: 2020-08-04
End Date: 2020-08-16
Adult Price: $7395
Child Price: $6625
Adult Price: $7275
Child Price: $6505
Adult Price: $9685
Start Date: 2020-09-01
End Date: 2020-09-13
Adult Price: $7650
Child Price: $6880
Adult Price: $7530
Child Price: $6760
Adult Price: $10120
Start Date: 2020-09-15
End Date: 2020-09-27
Adult Price: $7875
Child Price: $7105
Adult Price: $7755
Child Price: $6985
Adult Price: $10345