Duration: 10 DaysStep into a world of snow-capped mountains, traditional alpine villages and warm hospitality. This idyllic journey takes you to fairy-tale castles, breathtaking peaks and storybook meadows. Along the way you’ll meet Local Experts and passionate foodies who will share local specialties, such as fondue and creamy chocolate, with you. Stay in luxurious hotels, see beautiful cities and marvel at some of the most extraordinary scenery on the planet.
Majestic Switzerland – Summer 2020
Welcome to Switzerland.
Arrive at Zürich Airport and be transferred to your prestigious downtown hotel, located just steps away from the tree-lined Bahnhofstrasse, one of Europe's most exclusive shopping streets. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner of traditional Swiss cuisine, hosted at Brasserie Lipp, a local favourite.(Dinner with Wine)
Vaduz and St. Moritz.
Journey to Vaduz, the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein. Known for being one of Europe's smallest countries, Liechtenstein is dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains. On arrival, ascend the Julier Pass until you reach the sparkling Engadine Valley and the chic, jet-set resort of St. Moritz. Dine in style at the local Restaurant Engiadina in the evening.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
The Roof of Europe.
Experience St. Moritz Your Way and choose between joining a nature guide for a gentle mountain hike, if the weather permits, or hearing a talk about the incredible local wildlife, including Marmots, Red Deer and the Golden Eagle. Enjoy spending the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps shopping in the designer boutiques. Alternatively, enjoy the facilities of your prestigious hotel, which boasts a selection of gourmet restaurants, a luxury spa and a tennis-and-squash centre.(Breakfast)
All Aboard The Glacier Express.
Step on board the world-famous Glacier Express and take your first class seat for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. Descend through the spiral tunnels of the Albula Pass and over the lofty Landwasser Viaduct. Picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages, with chalet-style houses, will be in sight as you ascend to the highest point of the route, 2,033 metres to the icy Oberalp Pass. Enjoy an included lunch onboard whilst taking in the scenery. The modern panorama viewing car means you won't miss a thing. Arrive in Zermatt in the late afternoon where you'll be escorted to your hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch)
Zermatt and Gornergrat Experience.
Board the cogwheel train that winds slowly up through the aromatic forests and alpine meadows of Gornergrat Mountain to reach the highest outdoor train station at 3,089 metres. As you travel past mountain lakes and ravines, keep an ear out for the soft chiming of cowbells in the background. From the summit, expect superb views of the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa, among Switzerland's highest peaks. In the afternoon, spend time at leisure, perhaps enjoying a swim and spa treatment at your five-star hotel? As dusk descends, Zermatt offers a wealth of dining possibilities. This evening you’re invited to choose from a hand-picked selection of fine local restaurants and authentic menus for a Your Choice Evening.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Chillon Castle and The French Bank of Lake Geneva.
Journey along the Lower Rhone Valley to the shores of Lake Geneva. Marvel at the grandeur of one of Europe’s largest lakes, known for inspiring the early European Romantic movement. With your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy and set on a rocky islet in the lake. Here, following his walk through the dungeons, Lord Byron was inspired to write the poem, ‘The Prisoner of Chillon.' Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar. In the afternoon, drive along the French bank of Lake Geneva passing the resort town of Évian-les-Bains, famous for its natural mineral water. Once in Geneva, arrive at Hotel d'Angelterre, perfectly situated on the banks of the Lake. Voted the number one hotel in Switzerland by Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2017, the hotel blends British charm with the finest Swiss hospitality. This evening, you’re invited for a special dinner at La Ferme de l’Hospital. This former farmhouse, now a Michelin-starred restaurant led by chef Jean Jacques Noguier, offers a creative menu using only the freshest seasonal ingredients, and a large selection of local wines.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Highlights of Geneva.
Join your Local Expert for a walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument, before enjoying the rest of the day at your leisure. Perhaps have high tea in the afternoon at your hotel or walk across the road to the banks of Lake Geneva and watch the sun dip beyond the mountains.(Breakfast)
La Gruyère and on to Lucerne.
Journey through story-book Alpine scenery en route to see the dairy cattle of La Gruyère, famous for producing delicious milk and cheese. Visit Maison Cailler in the village of Broc where chocolate creation has been raised to a specialised art form. Travel to the lovely medieval town of Gruyères, Switzerland's cheese manufacturing mecca. For your lunch, savour the region’s most famous culinary treat with a pot of bubbling fondue and a glass of chilled white wine. Continue on to beautiful Lucerne where your Travelling Concierge will show you its many highlights. See the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and the Chapel bridge.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the mountainside, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments, which date back to World War II. Enjoy some leisure time in the afternoon. This evening, embark on a scenic journey with a romantic cruise upon Lake Lucerne to reach Stans, followed by a cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to Zürich airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast)
- Zürich: Brasserie Lipp is one of the oldest Parisian-style brasseries in Zürich and a favourite to locals and travellers alike for many years. Enjoy local Swiss cuisine, served with wine as you get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- St. Moritz: Enjoy your evening meal at the delightful Restaurant Engiadina.
- Zermatt: On Your Choice Evening, you will be offered a hand-picked selection of local restaurants, choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Geneva: Appreciate the quality and ﬂawless service of the Michelin-starred restaurant, La Ferme de l’Hospital, in Bossey. This 17th century farmhouse has been re-imagined by chef Jean Jacques Noguier to serve innovative cuisine featuring seasonal flavours and local wines.
- Broc: Visit Maison Cailler, in the village of Broc, and immerse your senses in the wonderful world of chocolate!
- Gruyères: Around a bubbling pot of delicious, freshly made fondue, savour authentic Swiss dining with a chilled glass of wine.
- Lucerne: Cruise on Lake Geneva before embarking on a scenic journey by cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic rotating restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Liechtenstein: Visit Liechtenstein, known for being one of Europe’s smallest countries, and dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Take your first class seat onboard this world-famous train and marvel at unrivalled views of snow-covered peaks.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Gornergrat: Ride the cogwheel train to the summit of the mountain, for a glimpse of Switzerland's highest peaks, the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, with your Local Expert.
- Geneva: Join your Local Expert for an orientation walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall, the covered bridges and the quaint square of Weinmarkt with its Renaissance fountain.
- St. Moritz: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located at the Mauritius spring, the actual root of St Moritz itself. With direct access to the ski and hiking region of Corviglia, the hotel offers excellent facilities. The sports centre and local swimming lakes are also within easy walking distance.
- Zermatt: Situated in the heart of Zermatt, Mont Cervin hotel offers a range of gourmet restaurants, a wellness spa and easy access to beautiful mountain trails.
- Geneva: Rated as the No. 1 hotel of the 'Top 15 Hotels of Switzerland' at the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2017, the Hotel d'Angleterre is set on the banks of Geneva's Lac Leman and beautifully reflects the essence of a Red Carnation Hotel, where each of the individually-designed rooms combines traditional charm and elegant style with modern amenities.
- Lucerne: Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the side of a mountain, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments.
Start Date: 2020-06-14
End Date: 2020-06-23
Adult Price: $8325
Child Price: $7475
Adult Price: $8035
Child Price: $7185
Adult Price: $10215
Start Date: 2020-06-28
End Date: 2020-07-07
Adult Price: $8450
Child Price: $7600
Adult Price: $8160
Child Price: $7310
Adult Price: $10340
Start Date: 2020-07-05
End Date: 2020-07-14
Adult Price: $8475
Child Price: $7625
Adult Price: $8185
Child Price: $7335
Adult Price: $10445
Start Date: 2020-07-26
End Date: 2020-08-04
Adult Price: $9750
Child Price: $8900
Adult Price: $9460
Child Price: $8610
Adult Price: $11720
Start Date: 2020-08-09
End Date: 2020-08-18
Adult Price: $8495
Child Price: $7645
Adult Price: $8205
Child Price: $7355
Adult Price: $10465
Start Date: 2020-08-23
End Date: 2020-09-01
Adult Price: $8350
Child Price: $7500
Adult Price: $8060
Child Price: $7210
Adult Price: $10240
Start Date: 2020-08-30
End Date: 2020-09-08
Adult Price: $8325
Child Price: $7475
Adult Price: $8035
Child Price: $7185
Adult Price: $10215