Duration: 9 DaysStep into the heartland of soul music, as you travel from Nashville through Memphis on to New Orleans. Take your reserved seat at the world-famous Grand Ole Opry in Nashville and enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, Memphis. Along the way, you’ll meet local singer-songwriters, taste the region’s renowned cuisine and experience Southern hospitality at its best. On select Chairman’s Collection departure dates you’ll meet iconic multi-instrumentalist Charlie McCoy. From playing the saxophone on Roy Orbison’s “Oh Pretty Woman”, to the harmonica on Elvis and Simon & Garfunkel tracks, he has played a huge role in making music history. Join him at Studio B in Nashville where you’ll record your own group song before Charlie accompanies you on harmonica. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman’s Collection.
Southern Grace – Summer 2020
Arrive in Nashville.
Upon arrival at Nashville International Airport, you will be met and taken to your downtown hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine.(Dinner with Wine)
Enjoy Nashville's Musical History.
Enjoy a tour of historic Studio B with a professional sound engineer in a 30-minute, choir-style recording session. You'll be able to take home a copy of the recording as a one-of-a-kind souvenir. Head on to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, full of memorabilia from stars such as Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn and Garth Brooks. Once there, you'll join your Local Expert, a songwriter and singer, who will tell you the stories behind the biggest hits sung by well-known country music stars. End your day with a trip to the Grand Ole Opry or "country's most famous stage", for a live performance. If you are on a Chairman's Collection departure, today you will meet Hall of Fame musician Charlie McCoy.(Breakfast)
Memphis and Graceland, Home of The King.
Travel from the home of country music to the birthplace of blues and Rock 'n' Roll. The evening is devoted to a private, after-hours, and docent-led tour of Graceland - as much an object of pilgrimage as a museum dedicated to the late, great, Elvis Presley. From the flowers and painted signs outside the gates, to the tear-streaked cheeks of fans inside, see the effect that Elvis and his music had on popular American culture. Enjoy a memorable Dinner with wine inside the Presley Motors Automobile Museum.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
The Best of Memphis.
Experience Memphis Your Way by visiting Sun Studios or the the National Civil Rights Museum. Later today you'll visit the Rock and Soul Museum, where you'll learn the stories of musical pioneers who overcame racial and socioeconomic barriers to create music that shook the world.(Breakfast)
Mississippi mystique in Natchez.
Depart for Natchez, founded by the French in 1716 when it became home to a flowering colonial culture. There you will experience a private, owner-led tour of Sunnyside, a restored antebellum cottage. At your charming luxury country mansion inn, whet your palate during a mixology class and learn the science behind the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep. Then enjoy a delectable three-course Highlight Dinner with wine, in the stunning main house.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Frogmore, Houmas House, and New Orleans.
Stop at Frogmore Plantation and journey back to the time when cotton was king. With your costumed hosts, tour a reconstructed 19th century plantation. Next, get a glimpse into the sweet side of the South with a visit to Houmas House plantation, once the largest producer of sugar in the country. In the evening, you'll learn about Creole cuisine during a lively cooking demonstration. Enjoy these culinary creations over a special Highlight Dinner with wine.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
New Orleans Sightseeing.
Join a Local Expert for a tour of the city as you learn about its rich history steeped in the myriad of cultures that have found a new home here. See Jackson Square and the Treme neighbourhood before exploring City Park. Take in this picturesque scene and admire the oak trees with a warm café au lait in hand. Next, visit one of the city's famous above ground cemeteries and learn about their uniquely joyful perspective on life and death.(Breakfast)
Exploring New Orleans, the Big Easy.
Start the day with a bayou expert on the rural side of the Crescent City, as you board a boat to meet the resident alligators and other fauna and flora. Enjoy some free time before gathering with your new friends and toasting to lifelong memories during a Celebration Dinner with wine at the famous New Orleans restaurant, Arnaud's, with toe-tapping live jazz as your backdrop.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Depart New Orleans.
Bid 'au revoir' to the Big Easy in the morning. A complimentary transfer is provided to Louis Armstrong Airport or choose to extend your stay at Hotel Monteleone.(Breakfast)
- Memphis: Enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, followed by a home-style cooked meal, favoured by the King himself.
- Natchez: Learn to make the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep, before an elegant, four-course Southern dinner in the period surroundings of the Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens.
- New Orleans: Discover the flair of Creole cuisine during a cooking demonstration and special Highlight Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Nashville: Join the ranks of superstar musicians like Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson and record a song at legendary Studio B, take home the recording as a truly unique souvenir.
- Memphis: Visit Sun Studios, where famous music icons like Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Johnny Cash recorded revolutionary albums or the National Civil Rights Museum.
- New Orleans: Visit Houmas House, the crown jewel of Louisiana’s River Road, previously voted best Louisiana attraction.
- Nashville: Attend a live taping of the Grand Ole Opry, America's longest-running live radio program.
- Nashville: Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at JW Marriott Nashville.
- Memphis: The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel connects you to the unmistakable sound, culture and history of the blues, whilst offering you a soothing and relaxing retreat.
- Natchez: The Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens offers a unique combination of hospitality, world-class service and luxurious surroundings, set in a historic background.
- New Orleans: The iconic family-owned Hotel Monteleone offers an unparalleled combination of Southern hospitality, world-class service and historic surroundings inside the French Quarter.
- Nashville: Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and get a private behind-the-scenes look at the songwriting process with a local songwriter and singer.
- Memphis: Take a private, after-hours tour of Graceland before sitting down to a special dinner inside the Presley Motors Automobile Museum.
Start Date: 2020-06-19
End Date: 2020-06-27
Adult Price: $7375
Child Price: $6637
Adult Price: $6780
Child Price: $6042
Adult Price: $9770
Child Price: $4832
Start Date: 2020-09-18
End Date: 2020-09-26
Adult Price: $6875
Child Price: $6137
Adult Price: $6280
Child Price: $5542
Adult Price: $9270
Start Date: 2020-09-25
End Date: 2020-10-03
Adult Price: $6825
Child Price: $6087
Adult Price: $6230
Child Price: $5492
Adult Price: $9220
Start Date: 2020-10-30
End Date: 2020-11-07
Adult Price: $6395
Child Price: $5657
Adult Price: $5800
Child Price: $5062
Adult Price: $8790